Sunday, August 12, 2012

{Wrap-Up} Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon

Sunday, August 12, 2012 with 3 comments

Hosted by Jude @ In Between and Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal
Sadly, I didn't get much reading done, despite the length of this read-a-thon. I had a lot of other things to do, and it put me in a bit of a reading funk. But anyway, here is what I did read:

Finished Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (4/5 Stars)
Finished Hero by Perry Moore (5/5 Stars - NEW FAVORITE!!!)
52% finished with First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

So, I finished two books, and I'm halfway done with another. Slow reading, right? Still, the good thing about this read-a-thon was that it was pretty laid back, and any amount of reading is progress, really. I'll just have to kick it up soon so that I'm not behind with my 2012 Reading Challenge on Goodreads. 


Beach Volleyball Challenge

Rebekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews says: "You and your friends are really getting into your game of volleyball, when you go in for a spike and accidentally hit the ball way out of bounds. Here's where this gets fun: your stray ball bops a fictional character on the head! Who did you hit? How did they react?"

My volleyball is headed straight for Gandalf the Grey, who immediately raises his staff, shouts "YOU CANNOT PASS" and gives the ball a good whack towards the other team using his staff as bat.


The Final Challenge

Jude @ In Between asks: "Where did you read this summer? Show us some pictures of the places where you read this summer, whether it was your cozy home, by the beach, the park, anywhere!" 

I didn't go anywhere this summer, so I did most of my reading at home. 
In my cozy bed:

I did not bother to make it. I also only photographed the
corner - my bed is a queen size. Much bigger than it looks here.

Also on the bus:

We don't have a car, so I usually travel by bus, which is
a perfect place to read.

It's been way too hot to read outside. I live in Texas, where it's desert, and it is scorching! All my reading has been done where there's air conditioning. Even though that hardly helps, where I am. Darn you swamp coolers! You don't cool anything!
Labels:

3 comments:

  1. Comfy bed! I love reading in my cozy bed. It's all good. And any reading progress is good progress. I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits and First Grave on the Left and hope you did too!
    Thanks so much for participating!
    My Wrap-Up Photo Album

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely spent most of my time reading in my bed. I didn't take any pictures of it though, or any pictures for that matter. I'm glad you enjoyed Pushing the Limits and found a new favorite!

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2012/08/wrap-up-for-summer-wrap-up-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a big bed too! :(
    And I prefer traveling by bus. Reading in a car makes me sick...
    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)