Friday, August 03, 2012

Follow Friday | 06

Friday, August 03, 2012 with 5 comments
Follow Friday, or Feature & Follow, is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The premise is for bloggers to get to know more about other bloggers, and to keep in touch with each other while also discovering new blogs. A little tweak to the rules: if you aren't a follower, please don't feel obligated to follow my blog just because I've followed yours - I'd rather you follow because you actually enjoy my posts. In return, I'd like to be offered the same courtesy. This week's question:


Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?



I have to be in the mood to read a certain book. Even if it's a book I've been wanting to read for a long time, if I don't feel like reading it at a given moment, I'll wait until I am. But as for particular moods, rather than certain genres, I do have certain go-to books that I read when I'm feeling sick or depressed, and they'll either cheer me up, or keep my mind occupied on them for a good while. Those books are my old familiar favorites, such as:


The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
The Secret Society Girl Series by Diana Peterfreund
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

I am a re-reader, and I've read those series enough that they're now comforting to me. I also enjoy reading quirky romances when I'm in a really happy mood, and scary stories when it's storming, because I like freaking myself out. I don't read when I'm angry, I listen to music while pacing back and forth. How can I read if I'm feeling pissed off about something? Nope, only music works there. How about you guys?

5 comments:

  1. Great blog here! I love knowing more blogs to follow!

    I followed you via RSS! Hope you could drop by the blog :)

    Jaylyn @ Promiscuos Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought about reading while sick - then I definitely need something light and fluffy!

    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have go-to books too when I'm feeling depressed! Classics are the best!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I have my to-go books too and Harry Potter definitely is one. There's something so comforting about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)