Friday, August 24, 2012

Follow Friday | 07

Friday, August 24, 2012 with 11 comments
Follow Friday, or Feature & Follow, is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The premise is for bloggers to get to know more about other bloggers, and to keep in touch with each other while also discovering new blogs. This week's question:



Worst cover? 
What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?


Hmmm....this is a hard one. Often, if I read a book I love that is either on my Kindle or checked out from the library, then I have to buy a physical copy for myself. When that happens, I usually look online for the version with the best cover. This is harder for good books that have nothing but ugly covers. 

But one really ugly cover that immediately comes to mind is the cover for my copy of Intensity by Dean Koontz:


Doesn't that cover make you feel like having an epileptic seizure? I mean, sure, the cover fits the name, but why?! I love this book - it's probably the scariest, most thrilling story I've ever read, but I just hate seeing that cover on my shelf.

How about you?

11 comments:

  1. Yes that's not a good cover.

    New follower.

    My FF =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me a bit dizzy. It's too vibrant, I guess. New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that cover is terrible. I hate those colors together!

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a boring cover! New follower :)
    My FF: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah....that cover is...wow, lol! I'm not a fan either! New GFC Follower!!

    My FF
    ~Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know,totally not a book I'd pick by its cover!

    I'm a new GFC follower :)
    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh.. yeah that cover.. no! lol

    I'm a new follower via GFC (I'm under ele05gs), please follow back if you can.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is an instant headache. I'm a new follower. you can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!

    I'm now following your blog. Here's my link:

    Grant Morris on Writing, etc.

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover just has too many lines and it's too bright! It almost hurts my eyes.

    New follower via GFC. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover really is intense! Whoah!

    By the way, I really love your layout; it's very serene and pleasant to look at :)

    My FF post
    Goldie @ My Book Musings
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)