Friday, August 10, 2012

5 Things I'm Currently Obsessed With

Friday, August 10, 2012 with 3 comments
Okay, so I got this idea for a regular blog feature from Early Nerd Special, because when I saw this on her blog, I fell in love with the idea. I thought it would be a great feature to try posting on a regular basis. So, here are my top obsessions at the moment:

Despite the fact that I am rather poor and in-between jobs right now, I've recently started what may be an unhealthy obsession with subscription boxes. There are videos of unboxings all over YouTube, and I just really felt left out of such an awesome idea - with Birchbox, for $10 a month you get about 4 to 6 high-end beauty samples delivered to your door each month with no extra shipping charges. I think it's a great way to discover new products! It may be hit or miss, but you usually get your money's worth, and often receive something full-size. The rewards program is also amazing - you get 10 points for each time you give feedback on a product, and for every 100 points you get $10 off in their product store! 

2) Fruits Basket

Okay, so I saw the anime and read the manga way back in high school, but I've just started getting back into it after showing it to my niece on Netflix. I just adore the Sohma family - especially Kyo, Shigure, and Momiji! And of course, Kyo and Tohru have some of the cutest moments ever!

3) Hero by Perry Moore

   I am IN LOVE with this book! I haven't posted a review yet, but I will soon, I promise! Perry Moore wrote an excellent coming-of-age novel about a boy named Thom who has two big secrets: 1) he has super powers, and 2) he's gay. Not only was the subject rather unique for a YA novel, but the writing was amazing! This book has for sure been added to my favorites shelf on Goodreads. 
   I think I especially enjoyed reading about all of the different superheroes, many of which are based on real comic characters (i.e, Justice = Superman, Warrior Woman = Wonder Woman, King of the Sea = Aquaman, etc.)

4) Aura Dione - Friends (ft. Rock Mafia) 


I have just been listening to this song over and over again this past week. The lyrics are just so catchy! Strange video, though - this is my first time watching it. Aura Dione is an artist I discovered while surfing around on The Hype Machine (another obsession of mine). She's from Denmark, and the album this song is on, Before the Dinosaurs, was actually released last year, but I had never heard of her before this week.

5) Sorority Life

I have just been extra-obsessed with this Facebook game lately, and I don't really know why. There's just something about trying to earn glam for my avatar that is really addicting. It just sucks that pretty much every aspect of this game involves needing to have as many friends as possible also playing it. I don't know anyone in real life who still plays this game, so I'm left with having to friend a bunch of strangers. Darn you, Facebook, and your social networking game requirements!!!
Do you guys have any current obsessions?

3 comments:

  1. I have one of these, too! XD I used to play Sorority Life on Facebook non stop for a while. I haven't played in like a year though. Here is my obsessions if you want to check them out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruits Basket! It's probably such a classic shojo story now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fruits Basket as well and I love to hear that people are still obsessing over it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)