Sunday, June 03, 2012

In My Mailbox | 06

Sunday, June 03, 2012 with 3 comments
A Meme By The Story Siren
Hi, I'm back! Man, these past few weeks were the longest I have been through. I'm not used to working 14, 15, or sometimes 17 hour shifts, and getting only an average of 3 hours of sleep. I feel like I've accomplished something though, and I really am glad to be back. So, as I only got one day off, I didn't really have any time to read, but I did get a few books over the hiatus that I thought I would share with you:


Books Purchased on Bookperk.com:


The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller *Signed Copy*
The Odyssey of Homer Translated by Richmond Lattimore

These were actually purchased in a bundle, and I have very much been looking forward to reading 'The Song of Achilles' after hearing about it on the 'Books on the Nightstand' podcast. This was also my first purchase from Bookperk, and I must say, I think I'm in love with the site. Such good deals! I like how cheap it is to get signed books, and the site is by Harper-Collins so it's legit! I live in a city that rarely has authors come to visit, so I'm glad to find I'm not completely left out of getting autographed books...

Books Purchased at Hastings Entertainment:


Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith
Singing the Dogstar Blues by Alison Goodman

Why don't we have a Hastings here?!?! I think this store was the best one I visited while in Alamogordo. I only got one day off work as a 'safety' day, so I went to Hastings, which I discovered is like Barnes & Noble, FYE, Hot Topic and Spencer's combined. And some of the books are a lot cheaper - only paid $3 for Flygirl, brand new!

Book won in a contest on Bookperk.com:


So Pretty It Hurts by Kate White *Signed Copy*

I've honestly never heard of this series, but I like a good mystery, and it was free. Plus, it's such a lovely cover...

3 comments:

  1. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller *Signed Copy* --- awesome! I'm pretty jealous :) I love a good Historical Fiction book!

    Here's my IMM
    If you're interested you can also enter to win a signed copy of City of Lost Souls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great books you got there! Hope you'll enjoy them ;)

    Happy Reading
    Filia @ Anima Libri - Booksoul

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I've never really heard of any of these books but that doesn't mean I can't stop to admire all these gorgeous covers! They are so excellent, what with all the colors. I've got to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)