Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Top 10 Childhood Favorites

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 with 1 comment

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different topic for a top 10 list that bloggers can make, and this week's list is a rewind, which means you can choose from any previous list topic. I chose to do a list on my top 10 childhood favorites. I was an avid reader as a kid, way more than I am now, so I started reading chapter books around the second grade. I especially loved reading ghost stories and scary story collections, but the following books are the series that stood out to me the most (except Holes, which was a stand-alone novel) and were re-read many times:

The Mouse and the Motorcycle
by Beverly Cleary
Goosebumps
by R.L. Stine
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle
by Betty MacDonald
My Teacher Is An Alien
by Bruce Coville
The Fudge Series
by Judy Blume
The Babysitters Club
by Ann M. Martin
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Retold by Alvin Schwartz
Holes
by Louis Sachar
The Ramona Quimby Series
by Beverly Cleary
Wayside School
by Louis Sachar

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I loved Miss Piggle Wiggle! And Holes too, of course. I would love to read one of my childhood favorites again sometime, just to see how they hold up. But of course the magic would be gone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)