Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday | 05

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 with 12 comments
'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, which features upcoming releases that I am anticipating the most! There are so many good books coming out this year, but here's what I can't wait to read at the moment:

Origin by Jessica Khoury
September 4, 2012

Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rainforest. She was raised by a team of scientists who have created her to be the start of a new immortal race. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home--and sneaks outside the compound for the first time in her life.

Free in the jungle, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Together, they embark on a race against time to discover the truth about Pia's origin--a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.


Breathe by Sarah Crossan
October 2, 2012

Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe . . .
The world is dead.
The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen-rich air.

ALINA
has been stealing for a long time. She’s a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she’s never been caught before. If she’s careful, it’ll be easy. If she’s careful.
QUINN
should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it’s also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn’t every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.
BEA
wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they’d planned a trip together, the two of them, and she’d hoped he’d discover her out here, not another girl.
And as they walk into the Outlands with two days’ worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?

Ten by Gretchen McNeil
September 18, 2012


   It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.
   But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.
   Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

12 comments:

  1. Oooo lots of great picks! Ten looks so good and I love the cover! I have been seeing Breathe a lot more here often! It must be time to check that book out!
    New follower! :)

    Here is mine:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely behind all your picks! Excited for all three of them :P

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting on Origin and Breathe too. Ten not so much, I think I'll wait to see some reviews for that one first. Great choices.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Origin and Breathe for the win!!! Dystopians? Puuurrrrr~

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I'm really excited to read all of them! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so much love for this entire page. Just ... just all of it. :D I want them ALL. :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathe and TEN - YES PLEASE! :) Happy Reading :)

    Check out my Wednesday Post :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to all of these! I can't even decide which one I am more excited about! Fabulous picks!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I'm looking forward to Origin and Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHHHHHHHH love your blog!!!!!!! Beautiful layout and your posts look so interesting! Great WoW choices. I really want to read Breathe and I have never heard of Origin before but it looks very good. Ten sounds a bit too scary for me so I'm not sure if I will read it lol!

    Following your blog! Feel free to visit mine!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! I'm especially looking forward to Origin's released. It sound soo different--I love it!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT earlier today :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ;)

    These covers are awesome and The Island book sounds creepy and I want to read it. Thanks for visiting my wow!! Have an awesome week! I'm a new GFC follower.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)