Sunday, June 24, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Sunday, June 24, 2012 with 5 comments

Wow! So awesome to have received my first blog award - the Liebster Blog Award! I am very thankful to the lovely blogger, Sarah, who nominated me over at Lace and Lavender Hints - please go give her a visit! And for those of you wondering, the Liebster Blog Award is an award given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less (like moi!). The word 'liebster' is German, and means "dearest" or "beloved," and I feel so honored to be thought of that way by a reader - I would like you all to know that I feel that way about you all as well!

So, here's the rules:

1) Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2) Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you, and give 11 questions for the people you have tagged
3) Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4) Tell them you've tagged them
5) Remember, no tag backs

My 11 Random Facts

1) I am a nerdfighter, and a part of one of the coolest communities ever, started by John and Hank Green
2) I am a vegan :)
3) I am a superhero fangirl, and love both Marvel and DC
4) I absolutely love listening to music - it matters not what language or genre, if I love it then I love it! I also love discovering new artists to love, and am constantly on the search for some amazing new songs.
5) I am trying to learn Mandarin Chinese, and have also been studying Japanese; because of that, I am also a bit of an Asian drama addict
6) I love looking at the stars! Sometimes on a good night I will even climb our ladder onto the roof, and just lie on my back to look at them.
7) I love, love, LOVE Indian food!!!
8) I have always been in love with the Harry Potter series, and still daydream about going to Hogwarts all the time.
9) I probably watch too much TV for my own good.
10) I actually love to write lists, of anything - I even have an actual, physical bucket list in a composition notebook
11) I am a huge dork, and not afraid to admit it.

Questions from Lace and Lavender Hints

1) If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to be able to understand and speak any language. Yes, I would totally consider that a superpower. I have always loved traveling and learning about other cultures, and to be able to talk to others during my travels without language barriers would be the most amazing thing ever!

2) What paranormal being would you choose to be and why?
I have to agree with Sarah on this one - I would love to be a Hogwarts witch! Must I even explain why?

3) What is your favorite color?
Midnight blue

4) Who are your three favorite authors?
John Green, Charles Dickens, and Ray Bradbury

5) What are your three favorite books (with links)?
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

6) What are your top three favorite series (with links)?
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

7) What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?
Definitely Peter Jackson's take on The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I am very much looking forward to seeing how The Hobbit comes out.

8) 5 most "swoon-worthy" characters?
Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice)
Aragorn (The Lord of the Rings)
Edward Cullen (Twilight)
Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
Michael Glass (Morganville Vampires)

9) Why did you decide to start blogging?
Because I love to read, but I also love to write, meet new people, and surf the net. Reading all of these book blogs, I figured, why not start a blog myself, and share what I love?

10) What blog post are you most proud of (please leave a link)?
A toss-up between my Father's Day post on Atticus Finch and my review of Singing The Dogstar Blues.

11) What last made you smile?
Getting this award! And thinking about all the literary guys in my answer for question 8...

11 People I'm Nominating for the Liebster Blog Award

In no particular order:

*** I'll add the other four as soon as I'm able.

11 Questions for the above tagged bloggers to answer

I also chose to recycle some questions:

1) Who are your three favorite authors?
2) What are your three favorite books (links please)?
3) What are your three favorite book series (links please)?
4) Who are your five most "swoon-worthy" characters?
5) If you could make a soundtrack to your favorite novel or series, what songs would you put on it?
6) Say you could visit any fictional world for one week. Which would you choose and why?
7) Which character do you think you could be best friends with, and why?
8) What were five books you loved most during your childhood (links please)?
9) Why do you read?
10) Why did you decide to start blogging?
11) What blog post are you most proud of (link please)?
Labels:

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Kimberley :) I am so proud and chuffed to receive this and i am even more smiley as my name is the top of the list hehe. I appreciate it so much that you have chosen me :)
    I have actually been given this award twice now so i'm honoured really and will be doing a massive post with your questions too and will link everything up :) awww thanks hun.
    Everytime i see your blog i'm in love xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a super creative super power, I never would have thought of knowing a whole pile of differnet languages as a superpower but now that I think of it, it is a really cool answer!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks so much for nominating me Kimberly! It totally made my day when I saw your comment! I had so much fun answering the questions and coming up with random facts about myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank yo so much for tagging me for this award! Here is my response for you to check out :)

    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just to let you know that i have done a post in reply to your questions, thanks :)

    http://beccabookbug.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)