Sunday, June 24, 2012

In My Mailbox | 07

Sunday, June 24, 2012 with 6 comments
A Meme By The Story Siren
I only got two books this week during a trip to Barnes & Noble. A trip which, very sadly, resulted in a loss of something very near and dear to me - my iPod touch. While I have already cried the tears, I still think I'm in a bit of a shock. It took me forever to set aside the money to buy it, and I only had it for less than a year.  But what I am most sad to see is that not all people are made of awesome, but instead some very sticky fingers. I suppose that not everyone who reads books actually learns something from them...

But life goes on, and so does this post. Here are the books that I got:


Fahrenheit 451 is my favorite book of all time, but for some reason I've never owned an actual copy of it. I've only read library copies, or my kindle version. But I figured what better time to finally grab a copy than when my favorite author, John Green, decided that this book would be the next book that everyone in a certain community called Nerdfighteria would be reading (if they chose to participate.) How fun to re-read it while getting to participate in a huge on-line discussion about it with awesome people! And for those of you who don't know what I am talking about, if you are interested, you can feel free to check out this YouTube channel, particularly this playlist here.

Jane Eyre, on the other hand, I have not yet read. I've been wanting to get around to it - especially after I saw the new film that came out last year. I really loved that movie, and so I know that I will love this book even more. Plus, I just couldn't resist that lovely cover! The actual book is even prettier in real life, but as I don't have a camera on me (*sobs* - poor iPod!), all you get is the picture I nabbed from my Google search.

Thank you much for taking the time to stop by - I would love to see what books you guys got, so feel free to leave a comment and I'll check your posts out!

6 comments:

  1. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite classics...It's a slow book, but so good.

    Hope you enjoy both your books this week! :)

    Lea @ YA Book Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for the Liebster Book Award! Head on over to http://laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca/ to see your tag!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I'm so sorry about your iPod. I worked for a while as a substance abuse counselor, and I remember the shock when I realized that there really are people in the world whose value systems are the polar opposite to mine. I hope you enjoy Fahrenheit 451 as much as I do! It's an awesome read, and a true dystopia.


    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane Eyre is probably my favorite classic novel, I've read so far! :)

    And I'm SOOOOO sorry about your iPod!! I don't know what I would do without mine! I treat it like my baby!!

    Here's my IMM:
    http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/06/imm-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice selection of books. Good haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those books are awesome. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books of all time. So awesome!

    --
    Bound 2 Astound
    http://bound2astound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)