Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cover Design | Pride & Prejudice

Thursday, June 14, 2012 with 2 comments
So I've been noticing a lot of different cover designs for Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice, and I thought it would be cool to make a post on some of my favorites. Each of the covers pictured below stood out to me:

A twist on this cover for To Kill A Mockingbird



                       by Sara Singh                           Headline Book Publishing

                Pocket Penguin Classics                       Max Literary Classics

Penguin Group

I think my favorite is the one by Sara Singh, though that last one by Penguin Group is a close second. All of these versions are available online for purchase, except for the first design by Jenni Milton, which was fanmade. So, do you have a favorite Pride & Prejudice cover? Is there a good one that I am missing here? Let me know in the comments.

Labels:

2 comments:

  1. I think that my favourite book cover for pride and prejudice would have to be one of the more original covers from th 20th century. Perhaps its because the first time I read Pride and Prejudice I read it out of an old copy of the book, but for some reason I find the older covers very endearing. I posted a link to one of the older covers I like below:

    http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestsellers-2007/994-1.jpg

    I think out of the covers you put up I would have to say that the final one is my favourite simply because I love the lace :)

    I also blog about books I'd love it if you checked out my site, I am now following yours :)

    -Sarah
    http://laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca/

    p.s. I love your blog's layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old covers do feel rather "warm," if that makes sense. I feel the same way about covers in that I'm always drawn to the cover that was on the book when I read it for the first time. Though for this particular book I first read it on the Kindle, so it didn't have a cover. I love how there's such a huge assortment of them, though!

      Thank you for the follow! I've followed back. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm pretty new as well - I started in February. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)