Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday | 07

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 with 18 comments
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, which features upcoming releases that I am anticipating the most! There are so many good books coming out, but here is what I am obsessing over at the moment:


by Kelly Thompson

   Separated by thousands of miles, two young women are about to realize their extraordinary powers which will bind their lives together in ways they can't begin to understand.
   Protecting others. Maintaining order. Being good. These are all important things for Bonnie Braverman, even if she doesn't understand why. Confined to a group home since she survived the car accident that killed both her parents, Bonnie has lived her life until now in self-imposed isolation and silence; but when an opportunity presents itself to help another girl in need, Bonnie has to decide whether to actually use the power she has long suspected she has. Power that frightens her.
   Across the country, Lola LeFever is inheriting her own power by sending her mother over a cliff...literally. For Lola the only thing that matters is power; getting it, taking it, and eliminating anyone who would get in the way of her pursuit of it. With her mother dead and nothing to hold her back from the world any longer, Lola sets off to test her own powers on anyone unfortunate enough to cross her. And Lola's not afraid of anything.
   One girl driven to rescue, save, and heal; the other driven to punish, destroy, and kill.
   And now they're about to meet.


Why I Can't Wait To Read This
Well, first off: it's a superhero novel!!! Read the above description - it sounds so good! I stumbled upon this book by accident, after creating an account on Kickstarter.com to help fund a CD for one of my favorite YouTube musicians, Reina Del Cid. Kickstarter is basically a site where you can help fund large-scale projects by making a donation in the amount you choose (like $5, $15, $25, etc.) and you also get something in return (such as the finished product). It's a good way for people to raise money necessary to publish a book, make a CD, produce a film, etc.

Anywho, I read the description of this book, and found that the author put up the first ten chapters on her blog. They were amazing, and I can't wait to read more! I pledged $20 for her project, which means that I'll be getting a copy of the finished book, a bookmark, some postcards, and my name in the thank you pages of the book and the website. I love that I get to help out the author directly, and that she also updates us on how the project is doing. It somehow feels more personal this way than just buying the finished book.

I am very excited for this book to come out!!

Read The First Few Chapters FREE
*courtesy of author Kelly Thompson, from her blog

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, this sounds really good! I love superhero novels. The title is also similar to a Supernatural episode title, which draws me in :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That cover looks so weird yet appealing somehow. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by WoW?

    P/S: Followed through NB :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this one before, but it sounds really exciting! Thanks for adding to my TBR list. :P

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, I've never heard of this one before, and the cover looks a tad bit strange, but it sounds great! *adds to Goodreads TBR list* *stares at the towering pile of books* My TBR pile is really getting taller...

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Meg | Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this sounds really interesting! Isn't Kick starter great?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! I can not believe I haven't heard of this book before! I adore reading books about superheroes and I just love this book's cover! Great choice :-)


    Following your blog! Feel free to visit my blog!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds so amazing and the whole story behind the project too. Also love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous cover, an interesting summary and a fantastic project! I am surprised we haven't heard more about the project yet. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice, this sounds really good, my kind of book, good share. Thanks for stopping by my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, sounds so cool! I can see why you can't wait for this one :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first I've heard of this book. It sounds interesting though and I'll make a note to check it out when it's released (:

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woah. First time I've heard of this one! Sounds really good!
    Thanks for stopping by the blog (x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful blog!
    this books sound awesome!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kimberly:

    Thanks so much for the support and kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the pages and I hope it keeps delivering for you! :)

    Best,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you for stopping by! I truly am excited for this to be coming out - I'm glad that Kickstarter was able to help you reach your goals. I know I will be one of many eager fans devouring this novel as soon as it is released!

      Delete
  15. Hi! I am a new follower from Waiting on Wednesday. I would love a follow back!
    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)