Friday, July 20, 2012

Follow Friday | 05

Friday, July 20, 2012 with 15 comments
Follow Friday, or Feature & Follow, is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The premise is for bloggers to get to know more about other bloggers, and to keep in touch with each other while also discovering new blogs. This week's question:



CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?




Only two? Well, I suppose I'll pick a couple books I've been wanting to read, but haven't been willing to shell out the cash for - Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard and Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (both in hardcover). I have been wanting to read both of these for a while, and neither are books I would purchase for my kindle, as it wouldn't do the images justice. I tend to purchase books that are really cheap, because it makes me feel less bad for spending what little money I have on them (which is why I tend to frequent used book lots on eBay). So these would be good books to use a gift card on:


15 comments:

  1. LOL I am the same way, especially with my Kindle, there are so many books I want that are priced higher but instead I go either freebie or cheap.

    Happy Friday!

    New Linky follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! I love buying books, and I want to buy on my kindle but some of them are quite expensive, so I often just go to a charity shop. :)

    I'm a new GFC follower! :)

    Here is my FF post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping around!
    I'm dying to read Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children too, it must be great!
    Have a nice weekend,
    here's my FF post
    http://readersdistrict.blogspot.it/2012/07/feature-follow-friday-1.html

    New follower!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to read Miss Peregine's Home for Peculiar Children, too!! Happy friday. New follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Peregrine's is a great book.. I say it's X-Men meets Alice in Wonderland..

    Happy Friday and New Follower!
    My FF
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read Wanderlove as well.

    New follower

    My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh i've been meaning to get these two especially peculiar children because i love the images inside.

    new follower, love your blog look.

    please check out my FF: http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-720.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower through GFC, Linky, and Networked Blogs! Return the favour over at my blog, http://www.bethebooks.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Peregrine's is a great choice! I've been dying to read that one! Nice answer ^_^ and your blog is SO pretty!!! New follower!!!

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I have Miss Peregrine's. I keep meaning to read it. I've heard it's great.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Both of those are on my to-read list (: I especially would like Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children :P

    - Kim (old follower)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! Wanderlove has been in a few posts this week!

    New GFC follower!

    My F&F. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanderlove looks very good.

    I'm a new follower.

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm excited to get to Wanderlove and I totally agree Miss Peregrines needs to be a paper book.

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)