Sunday, July 22, 2012

In My Mailbox | 10

Sunday, July 22, 2012 with 4 comments


Okay, so there are two big memes going around, one is In My Mailbox, and the other is Stacking The Shelves, and both are about featuring the new books you got in the past week. But since they're both really the same thing, I figure maybe I could just link to both. Is anyone else confused about this, or do you have a preference? Anyway, here's what I got:




Won:


I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman
Thanks goes to Bookperk.com

Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson (ARC)
I recently realized that Goodreads actually had giveaways, so I entered some and actually won something! Of course, they were giving away a couple hundred of these, but it still feels awesome to win - I'm a fan of foodie books. Thanks goes to Random House Publishing.


For Review:


God Save The Queen by Kate Locke
From NetGalley. Thanks goes to Orbit Books.


Bought From Barnes & Noble:


1984 by George Orwell
I've been wanting to read this FOREVER. I am very excited!

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
I was very curious to read this one. I've heard good things about it.


Bought From Amazon Marketplace:


The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan
I had to get this one after reading a review by Cassie at Galavanting Girl Books. Plus, the reviews for this on Amazon and Goodreads were really good.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome looking books this week! Even though I didn't really like The Looking Glass Wars, I hope you enjoy it. :)

    But oh. my. gosh. "The Raging Quiet" by Sherryl Jordan -- *sigh* it was AMAZING. I haven't met anyone else who's read it yet. I hope you really like it! If you do, check out her other works. They're just as awesome. :)

    Great haul this week! Happy reading!

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with most of these titles, but looks like you had a good week.

    Check out my mailbox.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of most of these books, but I've been dying to read 1984 by George Orwell. Plus, it has a gorgeous cover. :)

    Enjoy all your books and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMg I've been meaning to read 1984 for SO long! Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)