Monday, July 09, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Monday, July 09, 2012 with 6 comments

Okay, so let me tell you now that while I love to read, I am very easily distracted. The internet is one big problem for me, because I spend way too much time on it. So, in an effort to devote a bit more time for reading, I decided to sign up for Once Upon a Read-a-Thon. I remember way back when I was in elementary school we used to have read-a-thons all the time - they were the best! We got to go to school in our PJs, take sleeping bags and pillows, built tents and forts with our tables, chairs and blankets, and, of course, READ!!! I actually really miss those...the best part was getting to swap books with our friends so we could discover new books.

Anyway, sorry for my nostalgic ranting. The point of this post is to let you guys know what's up, and also to post my goal books, or the books I'm hoping to read during this time. Here's a list of the books I'd like to choose from to read:


I think I'm just going to stop there, and just say DO NOT TRUST THOSE CHOICES! I just started Will Grayson, Will Grayson, so that's a safe bet, but the rest are subject to change, depending on my mood. Yup, I usually never know what I'm going to read until I start it. I have to feel like reading something at the moment I'm ready to read it. So, we'll see how things go. 

This is my first Read-a-thon as a blogger. Are any of you guys participating? Do any of you have any recommendations of some good, quick reads that are available via kindle?

I will be posting an update sometime tomorrow. I've always been a fast reader once my mind's been set, so let's hope that's still the case for these next three days!
Labels:

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Kimberly! I hope you get lots read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to do this one yet because I work all three days but readathons are so much fun!

    Anna and The Selection are great choices for readathon because they are pretty fast reads, but definitely read whatever your in the mood for! I hardly ever read what I set out to read ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you can't participate in this one, there's another end of summer read-a-thon coming up. But thanks for stopping by! Time to sign off and do more reading!

      Delete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss is a great choice. I devoured that book, and its companion, in no time at all. They were just so cute and fun. Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - glad to hear it, I've been looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  4. I know how you feel about the internet being such a big distraction. I love book blogs and I spend hours online sometimes just going through them.... Eesh.

    Anyway! Looks like you have some great choices! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)