Monday, September 30, 2013

Semi-Charmed Autumn 2013 Book Challenge

Monday, September 30, 2013 with 4 comments


It's that time again! Time for another Semi-Charmed Book Challenge, hosted by Megan @ Semi-Charmed Kind of Life in honor of the Autumn season. I love her challenges, since they're pretty much bookish scavenger hunts, in which you have to find and read books that fit the given categories (which change with each challenge). If you're interested in signing up, you can check out the rules HERE. The challenge runs from October 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Here are the categories for this particular Autumn reading challenge, along with my goal books, which are subject to change:

5 points: Read a book that does not have "the," "a" or "an" in the title.
Attempting Elizabeth by Jessica Grey
10 points: Read a book that has been featured in Oprah's Book Club.
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
10 points: Read a book that takes place in the state you currently live in.
Howling At The Moon by Karen MacInerney (Texas)
15 points: Read an epistolary novel (written in letters/emails/diary entries)
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
15 points: Read a book first published in 2013.
Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
15 points: Read a book with something spooky in the title.
The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington
20 points: Read a book with "air," "water," "earth" or "fire" in the title.
20 points: Read a book on which a television series has been based.
The Awakening & The Struggle by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries)
25 points: Read a novel that has someone’s first & last name in the title.
30 points: Read two books by the same author.
Angelfall by Susan Ee
World After by Susan Ee
35 points: Read a fiction and nonfiction book about the same topic.
My first option is Jack the Ripper:
The Complete History of Jack the Ripper by Philip Sugden (Non-Fiction)
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (Fiction)
My second option is Tourette Syndrome:
The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne (Non-Fiction)
Icy Sparks by Gywn Hyman Rubio (Fiction)


Current Score: 135 Points 

I'll be crossing out each book as I finish reading them, and linking them to any reviews I may write. If you'd like to join in, feel free to do so - these challenges are always a lot of fun! Let me know if you do so I can check out what books you come up with for each category!
Labels:

4 comments:

  1. I loved the Princess Diaries series in high school! I believe that I read four of five of them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed the movie, and I absolutely love Meg Cabot's Mediator series, so I look forward to reading this one!

      Delete
  2. "Bookish scavenger hunts" - I love it! :) And have you read The Princess Diaries before? I think I read the first three in the series. So much funnier than the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - I've only seen the movies, so I'm excited to try out the books!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)