Wednesday, September 11, 2013


by Trish Doller
Expected Publication: September 24, 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Children's

Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.


Why I Can't Wait To Read This:
That synopsis sounds amazing! I grew up watching Lifetime Original Movies with my mom, so I'm a fan of gritty, true-to-life drama/suspense stories, and this seems to fit the bill. I think it would be fascinating to read about a character who was kidnapped by her own mother, and I'm curious to find out both why she was taken and why it was considered kidnapping (since it was her mother.) It just sounds like an interesting story.

What do you guys think?

If you haven't done so already, feel free to link-up your own Waiting on Wednesday post at Breaking The Spine. And if you add a link to your WoW post in the comments, I'll be sure to check it out.

5 comments:

  1. I have seen this book quite a few times today, sound really good!

    Check out My WoW

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds a LOT like Dead to You by Lisa McMann -- you'd probably like that one too!

    Check out my WoW?

    -Becky @ Bibliophiling

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cover, but hearing the description gets me even more excited. I used to love and reread the Face on the Milk Carton books over and over which this reminds me of. Would definitely love to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read those books too! That was back in middle school...I feel old now! ^^

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)