Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wow, I haven't done a Waiting on Wednesday post in quite a while - thanks to Breaking the Spine for hosting! I think that there are just so many books out there that I can't wait to start reading, so narrowing down choices for this post is always a bit difficult, but I just discovered a really amazing sounding book on My Cute Bookshelf that I just had to share with you! Here it is:


by Amanda Sun
Expected Publication: June 25, 2013 by Harlequin Teen

I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.

On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.


Why I Can't Wait To Read This
You guys, this book takes place in Japan! I am a bit obsessed with East Asian cultures, especially Japan's. It's just so refreshing to see a YA novel coming out that takes place there. Plus, it doesn't even take place in Tokyo, but in Shizuoka (maybe it's just me, but a large majority of American novels that take place in Japan seem to be set in Tokyo). 

AND AND AND.....the main guy is on the kendo team!!! Sorry, but I am completely fan-girling over this book already, and it won't even be released for like, half a year. I can't help it. Oh, and I should probably mention that this book is the first in a new series!

What do you guys think?

And if you could please recommend some already published Japan-related YA novels to tide me over until the release of this book, I would love you forever!

9 comments:

  1. Love, love the concept of this one in Japan! Awesome pick!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing. I loveee the cover!
    New follower :)
    Beth @ YA Vixens

    YA Vixens WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also excited for this one. It's been awhile since I've read a book set in Japan so I'm stoked.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine so check it out

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I am also waiting on this one!!! It sounds SO SO good! Amazing choice hun!! (:

    Haley @ YA-Aholic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty book, the cover is so pretty! I love Japan! So glad to see more books set there ;) Thanks for spotlighting.

    Here's my WoW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding? this gives me the chance to push my fave YA writer of all time: Banana Yoshimoto! Her writing is so gentle and frank. Check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds so good and different :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover. I'm not sure if I'm going to read it when it comes out but I hope you enjoy reading it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)