Tuesday, January 22, 2013


A Meme By The Broke and the Bookish

This topic was actually a lot harder than I originally thought it would be - the first few settings came easy to me, but then I really had to sit down and think about other settings I'd like to read about. There was really no trouble narrowing down anything since the real challenge was just coming up with ten settings, period. Here are my ten picks:


When I was younger, I always wished I could have gone
to a boarding school. Some of the best books have taken 
place in such schools, too (Looking for Alaska, anyone?)

Castles are awesome, and full of all sorts of
interesting rooms (think Harry Potter)

I graduated from college in 2011, but I still feel
like I can relate to the college experience. I even
wanna go back for my masters. (my favorite series
with a college setting - Secret Society Girl)

I've always wanted to go on a road trip, which
may be why I've been so drawn to films and novels
that feature epic road trips (like Paper Towns)

I always enjoy reading novels that take place in my 
home state - especially if they're in cities I have close 
ties to, like San Antonio, Austin, or my hometown 
of El Paso (which is also where the Blue Beetle is from!)

One of my favorite cities in the entire world! When
I went to London, I had never really even been outside
of Texas - it opened a whole new world for me, and
will always hold a special piece of my heart (a cute novel
with a London setting - Can You Keep A Secret?)

I really need to start reading more books that take
place on foreign planets - I love reading the descriptions
that authors come up with (like the ones in Last Son of Krypton)

The forest is full of mystery & life, and makes a perfect
setting. So far I've only read one book that took place in
the Amazon, but it was amazing! (check out Amazonia)

So, I haven't read any books featuring underground
cities, but I'd like to! The idea just sounds so cool (plus,
it reminds me of the Morlocks in the X-Men comics)

Do you guys even know of any good books that
take place in an underwater lab, because I don't.
I would love to read one, though. (I got the idea
from that Australian TV show, Ocean Girl)

So, have any of these made your list? Let me know if there are any other awesome settings you'd like to see featured in a novel - I was running out of ideas!

8 comments:

  1. I like many of the locations you've picked, but my favorites are Underwater, London, Underground cities and Foreign planets! Great picks :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, last one sounds amazing, have to check it out.
    And castles, of course, Harry Potter ftw! :D

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Underwater research facility sounds too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I vaguely remember a show from when I was younger that took place in an underwater city. Boarding Schools and Underground Cities sound awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing list! Your imagination is way bigger than mine :)

    Love your design, I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah The Amazon Forest! That's something I didn't think about. Glad to know about your blog. I am not a GFC follower. Check out my entry...

    http://www.gonebookserk.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesdays-2013-3-top-ten-setting.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list of setting. I love all of the lovely pics that you included. An underwater research facility would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i love the idea of underwater research facility. Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)