Sunday, January 27, 2013


A Meme By The Story Siren &
Stacking The Shelves, A Meme By Tynga's Reviews

So I may have only gotten one book this past week, but oh my gosh, you guys - it's Kelly Thompson's The Girl Who Would Be King! I was just so exited to receive this awesome book, I hurried to finish Through The Ever Night in order to start it (which wasn't that difficult, since that book was amazing). Here it is in all it's glory:


How great does that cover look? I think this cover looks very superhero-y, which is perfect as this book just happens to be a superhero novel! The art was done by Stephanie Hans, who's portfolio is filled with beautiful illustrations, so feel free to check out her site by clicking on her name above.

Now, in addition to this gorgeous hardback edition of the novel, I also noticed that the first few pages also held a couple nice surprises:


If you guys haven't heard of Kickstarter, you should really give it a shot. It's a great way to discover new projects and products, while helping people achieve their dreams by providing some funding (even $1 can go a long way, if enough people donate). The Girl Who Would Be King was actually published thanks to funding it received from fans on Kickstarter. This is why the particular edition of the novel I received was a limited edition signed hardcover - it was a thank you from author Kelly Thompson to her Kickstarter fans for helping her fund the publishing of this novel. And some really cool swag also came with it:


I think I'm most excited to find out what's in that blue envelope, which is sealed with: Do not open until you have finished reading 'The Girl Who Would Be King.' Very cool, indeed. And for those of you who may be interested in reading this novel, you can purchase an eBook version on Amazon for only $2.99! If you have a membership to Amazon Prime, you can even borrow it from the lending library for free! 

So, what do you guys think of Kickstarter? Have any of you ever funded a project listed on the site? I'm very curious to know...

Well, thanks for stopping by! Sorry to bombard you with all my excitement at receiving this novel, but I had to share it with someone! What did you receive in your mailbox this past week? 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE that cover it's absolutely beautiful! Happy Reading! :)

    My IMM:
    http://bookaddictsblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/in-my-mailbox-4_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cover art! Love it :)

    http://thescooponna.blogspot.com/2013/01/stacking-shelves-127.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover *dies*..... LOVE IT<3
    So jealous! Looks like you're going to have an amazing time this week ;)

    Here's my IMM post this week :) click me!

    -Diana
    Ps. Cutteee bloggg! I shall follow! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)