Wednesday, January 23, 2013

{Movie Review} Hello I Must Be Going

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 with No comments

IMDB
Circumstances force a young divorcée to move back in with her parents in suburban Connecticut, where an affair with a younger guy rejuvenates her passion for life.
I know that this is mainly a book review blog, but I am a huge fan of indie films, and once in a while I'll come across a movie so awesome that I just have to share it with the rest of the world! This film is no exception.

Directed by Todd Louiso with a screenplay by Sarah Koskoff, Hello I Must Be Going tells the story a 30-something-year-old, recently divorced Amy, who is an unemployed Liberal Arts graduate living at home with her parents. She is also constantly being put down down by others (mainly her mother) due to her unfortunate situation.

Amy is introduced to the 19-year-old stage actor, Jeremy, at a family social dinner, and soon enters a secret emotional & sexual relationship with him. Jeremy, like Amy, feels lost in life, and he not only hates his career in acting, but feels he has to play along with a mother who thinks that he's gay. As Amy and Jeremy develop their relationship, they not only learn how to love and be loved, but find out more about themselves and where they want to be in life.

Main Cast:
Blythe Danner as Ruth Minsky (Amy's Mom)
John Rubinstein as Stan Minsky (Amy's Dad)
Julie White as Gwen (Jeremy's Mom)





This film was just spectacular! I may not be an unemployed divorcee, but as a 23-year-old Liberal Arts graduate, I can definitely relate to the lead character, Amy. This movie wasn't just about a taboo love affair, it was about personal growth. The story moved at a good pace, and sucked me in from the very beginning. I also found the acting to be superb, with very believable characters. I think I find myself enjoying a film much more if I can relate to one or more of the characters in the movie, so finding a common ground with Amy's emotions really made me feel more connected to the film.

I think I feel like Amy most of the time...


I also feel that I should mention that Jeremy is pretty hot, and absolutely adorable, so I can see why Amy was drawn to him. I don't want to spoil anything for you, so I'm just going to say that I enjoyed the film in it's entirety, and felt that the ending of this movie was just perfect for the characters involved - no rushed ending here. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone - especially those of you who may feel a bit lost in life like Amy, Jeremy, or myself.

My Rating:
or
5/5 Stars
Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)