Thursday, January 31, 2013

{the.book.chat} Short Stories

Thursday, January 31, 2013 with 1 comment

Photobucket

This week's book chat, hosted by Sweet Green Tangerine and It's The Journey, is all about short stories. While I normally read full-length novels, once in a while I'll read a short story or novella to mix things up a bit. I feel that reading a good short story is a great way to get out of a reading slump, and is also a refreshing read after finishing a truly epic book or series, like Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings - during that short time-frame when you feel as if you can never read again, because you want to stay in the worlds you were previously in. Yup, short stories can help you with that.

My absolute favorite short story is:
by Christina Rossetti
So this may technically be a poem, but it's a really long one that tells a short story about two sisters, some goblins, and magical fruit. I love it!

Some of my other favorite short stories include:


I also have a huge love for fairy tales, myths, and legends from all over the world. I enjoy reading the Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, and Charles Perrault, amongst others.

So, have you read any of the short stories I mentioned? Which are your favorites? Feel free to join in and link up with the rest of us HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh The Raven. Classic. I know I'm super late, but I finally linked up today if you want to check mine out:

    http://megancstroup.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-book-chat-short-stories.html

    P.S. - The final book challenge check-in is also up on my blog if you want to update your January books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)