Thursday, January 24, 2013



This week's discussion is all about what books we are reading, and at the moment, I am reading two books and one novella. They are:


Siege by Rhiannon Frater
Siege is the final book in Rhiannon Frater's As The World Dies trilogy - a zombie series that is all about people who are fighting to survive in a dying world. I absolutely love this series and its' characters! I'm about 31% through this novel (which is longer than the previous books in the series), and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my favorite people make it through....Luckily for me, Frater has also put out a couple of volumes of short stories (soon to be three!) featuring background stories for some of the minor characters in this series. This means that once I finish the trilogy, I get to stay with these peeps a for a little while longer! Yippee!

       * Check out the first book in this trilogy HERE

Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Through The Ever Night is the second book in Veronica Rossi's Under The Never Sky trilogy. Let me tell you, I did not expect to love this series as much as I do! On my kindle, I am exactly 58% through the story, and since I started this series, there has never been a dull moment! I think the reason I love it so much is that it is told from two perspectives: the chapters alternate between the characters Aria and Peregrine, so everything isn't always one sided. I had to put it on pause so that I could read the novella that Rossi wrote on the characters Roar and Liv, as knowing their background will surely play a crucial part in understanding the rest of this book.

       * Check out the first book in this trilogy HERE

Roar and Liv: An Under The Never Sky Story by Veronica Rossi
I've just barely started this novella, so I don't have much to say about it, but I truly adore Roar, so I'm excited about this! I don't really know much about Liv, but if Roar loves her, then she must be pretty cool. I am expecting this to be a quick read, that way I can finish up Through The Ever Night.

*~*~*~*

I tried to keep this short, so sorry for not including the synopsis for these books. If you'd like to know more about them, you can read their descriptions on Goodreads by clicking on their pictures above. So, now that I've told you about what I'm reading, I'd like to know what you're reading. Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. These sound great! I've heard of the second one. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I have to check out the As the World Dies series... I'm obsessed with everything zombie right now haha. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you read multiple books at once! I just can't seem to do it. Thanks for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siege was a GOOOD book. I cant wait to see what you think about the ending of the series *evil laugh*
    I read this series when she had it online as stories for her fans! Its still the same as it was then. A few minor tweeks.
    I was so happy to see it become books.
    My friend got me the first book in the series Under the Never Sky. Still havent read it :(
    I am reading The Prey by Andrew Fukuda, Tight Knit, and Override.
    I have 2 books to read for tours: Barbie Girl & The Midnight Spell (by the Sieges author)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Megan said, I never manage to read more than one book at once! But I do love YA literature (I wrote my Master's Thesis on the Twilight saga), so I'm looking forward to checking out more of your blog!

    ~Colette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)