Sunday, December 09, 2012

{In My Mailbox} Hidden Bookstore Gems

Sunday, December 09, 2012 with 5 comments

In My Mailbox - A Meme by The Story Siren
Stacking The Shelves - A Meme by Tynga's Reviews

Wow, haven't done this in a while! The town I've moved to is honestly so small that everything is on one street. Luckily enough, there is a used bookstore, though the majority of their books are really old, and not my style. But there are some hidden gems, and there are even some books in like-new condition, if you look hard enough for them. The biggest plus? All of their paperback fiction novels are $1. Woohoo! Here's what I got during my visits so far:


A Winter's Tale by Trisha Ashley
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski



The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

I don't think any of these books fall into the YA category, but they all sound great! I really don't think I even saw any Young Adult novels in that bookstore at all, except for a few copies of Twilight and some heavily overpriced Harry Potter books - and I searched those shelves very thoroughly. For now, it seems I must sooth my YA addiction by shopping online at Amazon. Still, I'm grateful there's a bookstore here that gets some decent reads once in a while.

5 comments:

  1. Great looking books. I haven't read any of these either. Enjoy!!

    New follower :)
    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-my-mailbox-stacking-shelves-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Nanny Diaries when I was in college. It is cute. I hope you enjoy it.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Help a while back and I really enjoyed it. It was much different than the movie but I thought it was still enjoyable.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. $1 for the paperbacks!! Wow! The Nanny Diaries is a pretty good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read The Help! :) Here’s what books I got this week: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/in-my-mailbox-2/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)