Thursday, December 27, 2012



*Squee!* I am so excited for this topic! I must admit, I do read an awful lot of books which feature romances, even if the romances are only in the background or part of the sub-plot. And let me tell ya, a lot of the guys in those books are so swoon-worthy, I'm glad I can reminisce while compiling a list of the year's favorites. Sorry, but there's just no way I can make this list base purely on books released in 2012. It would feel as though too many were missing. So, here are my top picks for the best book boyfriends from books read in 2012:

  1.  Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding)
        Especially because I still picture him as Colin Firth in my head...
  2.  Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars by John Green)
      Because he is made of complete awesomeness.
  3.  Sebastian Lamarliere (Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton)
      A nice guy, a great friend....and he has cool powers.
  4.  Raffe (Angelfall by Susan Ee)
        The McSteamy of the Angelic race.
  5.  Étienne St. Clair (Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins)
      Half Brit, half French, complete yum! And I love his name!
  6.  Travis Buchanan (The First Days by Rhiannon Frater)
      A total sweetheart, and the boy-next-door type of man.
  7.  Prince Kai (Cinder by Marissa Meyer)
      Just read his description and tell me you're not into him.... I dare ya.
  8.  Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee)
      So what if he's years older than me...age ain't nothin' but a number.
  9.  Noah Hutchins (Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry)
      He may look like a bad boy, but he's one of the good ones!
10. Jace Wayland (City of Bones by Cassandra Clare)
      I may not care for this book series, but I still like him.


I hope this list isn't too pedophilic, as 6 of those guys are teenagers, but hey, what can I say? I'm sure many of you are guilty of this, too! Plus, in my mind I picture them as being a few years older, as high school boys now-a-days seem too young and immature for me. Probably because they are. (I'm 23!)

So, what about you guys? Any book boyfriends (or girlfriends) for 2012?

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, Noah would be at the top of my list. Like you said, he looks like a bad boy, but really he's one of the good ones!

    Hell yeah - Mark Darcy! Any Darcy is okay with me :)

    I do love Jace, too :) Oh, and St. Clair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raffe! YES! He would definitely top mine!
    Noah too!
    And Etienne.
    And Prince Kai!
    Ok, let's just say that most of the guys on your list would definitely make mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice list! I love me some Noah =) I am even more excited to read Angelfall now, I have seen him on a couple of lists today!

    My Book Boyfriends of 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Noah and Jace! I have been wanting to read Angelfall all year! And Cinder!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised that I haven't seen St. Clair on more lists! I absolutely loved ANna and the French Kiss and I instantly fell in love with him. Awesome list. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)