Sunday, December 23, 2012


In My Mailbox - A Meme by The Story Siren
Stacking The Shelves - A Meme by Tynga's Reviews

Made a few more trips to the bookstore lately, and I also got a library card for the town library (I'm new here still)! It's extremely small, but at least there is one. I've been reading a lot more since coming here, as it's really the only thing to do when I'm not working. I need to start meeting more people....but here's a look at what I bought from the bookstore this past week:

       

The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klavan
Hotel Babylon by Anonymous & Imogen Edwards-Jones


    

The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Baynard
American Gods by Neil Gaiman

I checked out three books from the library on my first visit since I didn't have much time. My sister pestered me into getting the first book from A Series of Unfortunate Events because she really wants me to read it. I told her that I'll only sit down to read it when she sits down and reads Harry Potter. Never thought it'd be so hard to get someone to read HP. But she reluctantly agreed, so we'll see how that goes....here's my library haul:

      

The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Coraline by Neil Gaiman

I think I'm most curious to read The Pale Blue Eye, which is a murder mystery featuring a young Edgar Allan Poe! It's had some good reviews, and I'm really intrigued by books that feature major literary authors as fictitious characters. That's why I also want to try reading the Jane Austen Mysteries someday....

1 comment:

  1. The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
    Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
    Coraline by Neil Gaiman

    Are 3 of my favorite books. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)