Wednesday, December 26, 2012

{Top 10 of 2012} Best Villains of 2012

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 with 3 comments


So today's top 10 topic was blogger's choice, and I decided to go a different route than my usual and list the best villains of 2012. I'm using the term villain rather broadly here, and rather than only limiting the term 'villain' to a specific person, I'm including groups as well. All of the following were added to the list because I particularly despised them:

Best Villains of 2012:
(in no particular order)

  1. The Zombies from the As The World Dies trilogy by Rhiannon Frater - these things really freaked me out, and are what made this series so frightfully fun to read. Especially how quickly a person could change after getting bitten.
  2. The Department of Homeland Security from Little Brother by Cory Doctorow - so normally the DHS are supposed to be the good guys, but Doctorow really made me wonder if the threat of terrorists could really end up making our government suspicious of its own citizens like what happened in this novel. Very scary indeed.
  3. The Angels from Angelfall by Susan Ee - holy crap, I was not expecting the angels in this novel to be such a**holes. They pretty much enslaved the human race, but what was completely sickening was their mad experiments....
  4. Justice from Hero by Perry Moore - Justice's character was very similar to the character of Superman, as both were the last surviving members of their planets, and their powers were also pretty much the same. The major difference? Justice was batshit crazy. Think about how scary it would be if Superman were to use his many powers for evil. Yeah.
  5. Athena from the Gods & Monsters series by Kelly Keaton - and speaking of batshit crazy, the Athena portrayed in this series is just the worst combination of angry and unstable. I mean, she even killed Zeus and took over his temple! What a b****!
  6. Queen Levana from Cinder by Marissa Meyer - she's an evil psychopath who is trying to hunt and kill the true heir to the Lunar throne in order to maintain control. Plus, she uses some sort of glamour to make those around her fall under her influence easier, and she wants to marry Cinder's Prince Kai!
  7. The majority of The Vampires from That Which Bites by Celis T. Rono - because they turned humans into herded cattle, and scared any scattered survivors into permanent hiding.
  8. The Bandits from Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater - they were jerks who went around stealing things, and raping both women and men during a zombie apocalypse. I think they even raped female zombies that they had tied up. WTF?! Total pigs, the lot of 'em.
  9. The Citizens from Citizen by Natasha House - okay, so this wasn't one of the greatest things that I've read this year, but I have to admit that the Citizens were pretty villainous; I mean, they were an alien race who took over the world and enslaved the humans, killing most of them to extinction in the process. They'll make the list.
  10. The Other Mother from Coraline by Neil Gaiman - I'm reading this right now, and, I must say, Coraline's other mother really gives me the heebie-jeebies.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read most of these books. But The Other Mother from Coralina - totally freaky! I'm reading Cinder now, and Queen Levana is definitely freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Other Morther from Coralina scared the daylights out of me! I still need to read Angelfall, but so excited for that!

    Here's Top Ten (couples) at Bookmuchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just start reading Angelfall. The problem is, I said the same thing about.. I think three other books, so if I actually do that, I'll have quite some reading to do tonight XD Well, can't help it. It's a great list!

    Happy Holidays,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)