Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting On: Armada by Ernest Cline

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 with 3 comments


by Ernest Cline
Expected Publication: July 2014 by Crown Publishing

Zack Lightman is daydreaming through another dull math class when the high-tech dropship lands in his school's courtyard-and when the men in the dark suits and sunglasses leap out of the ship and start calling his name, he's sure he's still dreaming.

But the dream is all too real; the people of Earth need him. As Zack soon discovers, the videogame he's been playing obsessively for years isn't just a game; it's part of a massive, top-secret government training program, designed to teach gamers the skills they'll need to defend Earth from a possible alien invasion. And now…that invasion is coming.

As he and his companions prepare to enter their ships and do battle, Zack learns that the father he thought was dead is actually a key player in this secret war. And together with his father, he'll uncover the truth about the alien threat, race to prevent a genocide, and discover a mysterious third player in the interplanetary chess game he's been thrown into.

Why I Can't Wait To Read This:
Holy crap! That synopsis sounds like a daydream I had once in middle school....doesn't that book sound completely awesome?!?! I sadly admit that I have yet to read Ready Player One yet, but I recently signed up for a free trial on audible.com and chose it as one of my two free audiobooks (it's read by Wil Freakin' Wheaton!!!) - I'm excited to start listening to it!

What do you think - yay or nay?

And if you haven't done so already, feel free to join in and link-up your own Waiting on Wednesday post at Breaking The Spine.

3 comments:

  1. Everytime I go into work I see Ready Player One on the shelf and want to read it so badly but just haven't picked it up yet. This one sounds AMAZING! Thank you for putting it on my radar and awesome choice!

    Thanks for the follows and for stopping by Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous cover! It makes me want to read it!

    Karla @ Silver Readings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would fight somebody to get my hands on an ARC of this book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)