Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top 10 Scariest Looking Book Covers

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 with 5 comments

A Meme by The Broke and the Bookish

In honor of the Halloween season, today's top ten list is all about scary-looking book covers. To be honest, I don't really get scared easily, but there are some covers that give off a creepy vibe, even if they don't exactly full-on "scare" me. Here are the most notable ones:


   

I loved the Goosebumps series as a kid, mainly because I enjoyed creeping myself out. The covers were fun also, but there were a few that stuck in my mind because they really freaked me out. I've decided to include them in this post because even as an adult I still find them creepy. That dummy will always scare the crap outta me.

 

The above books both feature really creepy looking girls standing by themselves in the middle of a wooded area - but one is floating and the other has no eyes! I think the second book is about ghosts, but thanks to Supernatural, when I see black eyes I automatically think demon.

  

The jack-in-the-box puppet on the Toybox cover is creepy, but the one on the Shadows of the Redwood cover looks demonic, and scary as sh*t!

 

I don't know what the thing on A Monster Calls is supposed to be, as I have yet to read it, but I would be terrified if it were creeping up on my house like that....As for the Sunshine cover, I just find it eerie that the girl is chained to the wall by her ankle, and that her name is written on the cover in a font that looks a bit like blood. It gives of a spooky vibe, though the story itself isn't really scary.


What do you guys think? 
If you know of any other scary book covers, let me know in the comments!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, it's 1am here and I just had to click on your post...and the first photo I saw was that of The House of Dead Maids. Gaaah nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The House of Dead Maids will stay with my forever. I am so terrified by it it's not even funny.

    Great list!!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I practically jumped out of my chair when I saw The House of Dead Maids! That's probably the creepiest cover I've ever seen.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)