Saturday, October 05, 2013

R.I.P. VIII

Saturday, October 05, 2013 with No comments

Okay, so maybe this challenge started in September, but I've really been in the mood to participate in a Halloween-ish reading challenge this month, and I wasn't having any luck finding anything until I stumbled across R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VIII, or R.I.P. VIII, an event hosted by Carl @ Stainless Steel Droppings. I new I couldn't pass up the chance to join in, especially since the challenges can easily be completed in one month, so I'm okay joining in halfway through. Here's where I'll be tracking my progress:


"Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be King or Conan Doyle, Penny or Poe, Chandler or Collins, Lovecraft or Leroux…or anyone in between."
Goal: Read 4 Spooky Novels

3) Allison Hewitt Is Trapped by Madeleine Roux
4)

"I am a big fan of short stories and my desire for them is perhaps no greater than in Autumn. I see Poe and Lovecraft in my future for sure, and some Angela Carter. You can read short stories any time during the challenge."
Goal: Read 3 Creepy Short Stories

1)
2)
3)

"This is for those of us that like to watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large. It might be a television show, like Dark Shadows or Midsomer Murders, or your favorite film."
Goal: Watch 5 Scary Movies

2) The Conjuring (2013)
4)
5)

And if any of you know if there are any other reading challenges going on this month that are Halloween-related, please let me know so I can check them out - the Halloween season is one of my favorite times of the year!


***Edit: My new job really has been taking up a lot of my time, and since I have to get up insanely early for work because I take the bus, by the time I get home I just want to sleep. Sadly, I'm going to leave this challenge as unfinished, since I'd rather focus on my 2013 challenges rather than a seasonal one - I'm too far along on those to quit now!
Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)