Wednesday, February 20, 2013


  
by Jordana Frankel
Expected Publication: April 30, 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.

Why I Can't Wait To Read This
A water-logged Manhattan?! Why wouldn't I want to read this?! Okay, so based on the synopsis I'm thinking that this may be somewhat of a cross between the Kevin Costner film, Waterworld, and the Jason Bourne series. I'm just so intrigued by the setting that it doesn't matter what this book is about, I'd want to check it out.

What do you guys think?

If you haven't done so already, feel free to link-up your own Waiting on Wednesday post at Breaking The Spine. And if you add a link to your WoW post in the comments, I'll be sure to check it out.

7 comments:

  1. Nice pick. Love the cover! and this book sounds really good.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! cover rocks!

    http://thekookybookworm.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I have not watched X- Men in forever... I forgot there was a Bishop in that. Honestly, I keep finding books with characters called Bishop. I always thought a the religious kind of bishop. I LOVE X-Men. Especially Rogue. Her name rocks. It's why I liked Shatter Me and Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. They were a lot like X-Men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm waiting for this one as well. Sounds awesome and the cover is to die for.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG yes. I have this coming up for review soon and I wish like hell I could read it NOW!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CAN'T wait for this one to come out!!! The idea is so awesome. I've also read a couple of good reviews...
    Great pick!!
    I'm a new follower. I love your blog!

    Please check out mine too. Thank you ^^
    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)