Sunday, February 24, 2013

{In My Mailbox} Library & NetGalley Haul

Sunday, February 24, 2013 with 8 comments
A Meme by The Story Siren &
Stacking The Shelves, A Meme By Tynga's Reviews



When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

I truly adored reading When You Reach Me, and I look forward to finally reading A Wrinkle In Time, since I know it's such a beloved classic. The Road is a novel I have really been meaning to get around to, so I was glad to see that the local library carried a copy (the library here in Tonopah, NV is so small that there isn't much of a selection.)



Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz


The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
Whistling Past The Graveyard by Susan Crandall

The four books above were all received for review on my Kindle thanks to NetGalley. They all sound really amazing, so I look forward to reading them. I think I'm most excited to start Whistling Past The Graveyard, because the synopsis makes it sound a bit like The Secret Life of Bees, which I loved, and also because I'm a fan of life-changing road-trips.

So, what new reads have you guys received lately? Please let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Great haul for you this week. I hope you enjoy your new book!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/in-my-mailbox-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked When You Reach Me, but it isn't my favorite. I liked the two Newbery Honors that year more than When You Reach Me. They are The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate and Where the Mountain Meets the Moon. Have you read those?

    And yay for read A Wrinkle in Time!!!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read either of those yet, but Calpurnia Tate was on display at the library, so maybe I'll check that out next time. Thanks for the recs!

      Delete
  3. The Secret Life of Bees is such a good book, I might have to check out this one by Crandall. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read The Nightmare Affair and Whistling Past The Graveyard, both look like they will be really interesting! Happy Reading this week =)

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have When Love Comes To Town, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Great haul!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your site is awesome! Just wanted to give you a little something xxx

    http://whatdanielledidnext.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/award-versatile-blogger/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are on my list; happy reading...

    P.S. I love your blog so I have award for you over here >>> http://thevictorianvanity.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)