Saturday, August 17, 2013

{Bout of Books 8.0} Goals + Progress

Saturday, August 17, 2013 with 13 comments

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
My Goals
Read at least 4 books
Participate in at least 4 challenges
Comment on at least 3 blogs per day
Books To Read
  
  
Updates

Monday
Books Completed:
none
Currently Reading:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti (on page 257 of 368)
Challenges Completed Today:
Thoughts:
I didn't read as much as I had hoped to read today, but I had to babysit my niece, so there isn't much time to focus on reading when watching a 2-year-old. Still, I'm really enjoying this book, & I hope to finish it tomorrow.
Tuesday
Books Completed:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti
Currently Reading:
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch (at 8%)
Challenges Completed Today:
none
Thoughts:
Wow, American Gypsy was sooo good! There was only one challenge today, but I never got around to participating in it - couldn't think of a better title, anyway. And I'm so glad to finally be reading the 4th book in the Katherine Katt series - I read the 3rd one in the beginning of June, but that feels so long ago...
Wednesday
Books Completed:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti
Currently Reading:
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch (at 45%)
Challenges Completed Today:
Thoughts:
Alien Proliferation is good, but like all the other books in the Katherine Katt series, it's seriously cheesy, as the main character is a total Mary Sue. Still, I'm enjoying it - I'm too attached to the characters and the dorky humor.
Thursday
Books Completed:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch
Currently Reading:
Poison by Bridget Zinn (barely started)
Challenges Completed Today:
Thoughts:
Wow, I completed two challenges today, which means I've already reached my goal of completing at least four. It's been fun - I look forward to completing some more! I'm glad to finally be done with Alien Proliferation - I liked it okay, but it was unnecessarily lengthy.
Friday
Books Completed:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch
Poison by Bridget Zinn
Currently Reading:
The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke (barely started)
Challenges Completed Today:
Thoughts:
I am so glad I finally got around to reading Poison! I enjoyed it, and it was a very quick read! Thank goodness for read-a-thons and challenges that motivate my reading! Makes me wonder what other books I've been missing...
Saturday
Books Completed:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch
Poison by Bridget Zinn
Currently Reading:
The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke (8%)
Challenges Completed Today:
Thoughts:
Man, I really don't know what happened today....I only read 8% of a book today....how sad. At least it's my fourth book of the read-a-thon, which means that if I can manage to sit down and read it tomorrow, then I'll have met my goal of completing four books! Hopefully tomorrow goes better, as today was a complete waste of time....I didn't even do anything but go to Wal-Mart.
Sunday
Books Completed:
American Gypsy by Oksana Marafioti
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch
Poison by Bridget Zinn
Currently Reading:
The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke (8%)
Challenges Completed Today:
none
Thoughts:
I did not read today. I started out the week well enough, but on my fourth book, it seems I'd given up. Actually, to be honest, I finally started watching the end of Supernatural season six on Netflix after a super long hiatus, and I COULD NOT STOP! So there was no chance of reading anymore after that, heehee. I'll finish these books eventually, just on my own time. At least Bout of Books helped me finish three of them. And I DID surpass my goal of completing four challenges - I finished six of them. I also discovered some new blogs to follow. I had fun!

Books Completed
  

13 comments:

  1. good luck in the read-a-thon, i'm sure you'll do great, you've picked some interesting books to read i'll defiantly be checking a few of them out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book covers are all so great! I really love a book with a good cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too had All Our Yesterdays as a read-a-thon book! I read it today and totally loved it. I hope you love it too! :D Also I'm hooked on the cover for The End Games. So creepy...

    Jessica @ Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Gyspy looks kinda awesome. Glad you enjoyed it. I need to check it out on goodreads.

    Happy Wednesday. Hope that today is beautiful and full of beautiful words. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing memoir - the first time I've actually read anything about the Romani (Gypsies). I loved learning about them through Oksana's eyes, she's a great storyteller.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals! I've read The Mad Scientist's Daughter (well, listened to it, actually) - and really want to read All Our Yesterdays and The End Games!

    Bree @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Our Yesterdays and Poison were both 5 star reads for me. I loved them. I'm glad they were standalones, but I loved them so much I want to read more of them!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished Poison and I loved it! And All Our Yesterdays just started showing up on Goodreads as the first in a series - the Cassandra Chronicles. Maybe there's more to come?

      Delete
  7. Poison is one of those books I have been needing to read forever, just don't have the time. I hope you are enjoying it. You are doing great so far, and I hope you continue to have a great reading weekend.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing really well! I hope you manage to finish Poison today to reach your goal! I love All Our Yesterdays, so I hope you enjoy that when you get around to it :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your header and background! Hope you are enjoying the last couple of days of Bout of Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)