Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Questions For A Bookworm

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 with 2 comments
Okay, so this was a meme I found on tumblr, but I really wanted to do it because the questions look so fun!

Imagine you sit in front of a fireplace. You read, and beside you there is a cup with something hot in it. What would that be, in your case: tea, coffee or hot chocolate?
Coffee. Preferably Starbucks.

If an author gave you the chance to rewrite or to change the fate of a book character, who would you chose? 
Ok, well, it's hard to pick just one, but I would have to say that I would pick the fate of Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series. Not only does his best friend get murdered, but he gets blamed for his death and is sent to Azkaban! He doesn't even get to see his godson grow up, and even now I refuse to believe he is gone. Maybe that veil had some magical properties that somehow saved him...

Did your parents read stories to you when you were little? If yes are there any special ones you remember the most?
You know, I really don't remember them reading me anything...

What do you like more: the smell of old antiquarian books or the smell of new fresh ones you just bought?
Old books - they have more character. But I really like the smell of both.

You get the opportunity to chose between two secret talents: either to be able to make things come to life through reading them, or the gift to read yourself into a book. Which one would you like to have?
The gift to read myself into a book!! That way, I could go on awesome adventures without having to worry about screwing up the real world by bringing everything I read to life. Plus I'd get the opportunity to visit all sorts of cool worlds. Coolest power EVER!

Do you have a favorite children’s book or a favorite fairy tale?
I always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast...

Someone would talk to your friends and ask them to compare you to a book character. With who do you think would they compare you?
Hermione Granger 

Tell me the name of a writer who you would like to have as a friend.
John Green, of course! Just check out his YouTube videos - he seems like such an awesome person to hang out with and to do dorky things together. Plus, he'd be great for some deep conversations.

You can hide in a written down world for only one night into which world do you escape?
Harry Potter! I would love to spend a night sneaking through the hidden corridors of Hogwarts!

Something terrible happens: you have to flee to an unknown place and all you can take with you are three books of all the ones you own. Which three ones do you put into your bag?
The Lord of The Rings, which has all three books in one volume; I wish I could say the Harry Potter series, but I know that's cheating, so I'll say Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, because it's my favorite; and finally, one of the survival manuals we have in the house - I mean, a terrible situation with an unknown destination? I better be prepared...
Labels:

2 comments:

  1. I think I might steal these questions for a post as well! I found your Link in the comments at Book City Chick for the OMW post. I'm fairly new to blogging, but am having a lot of fun so far. I love a lot of the books you are linking so I'm definitely a new follower! Check out my blog as well: http://amandadamico.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like your blog as well! Interesting posts - and not always just about books. I'm following back!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)