Wednesday, September 30, 2015

{September Wrap-Up}

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 with No comments
Books Read
  


I'm really grateful to have finally read Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I would recommend this book to everyone! Right now I'm currently on Baby Step 2, and using the debt snowball to pay off my student loans (so far I've paid off 3 out of 5 loans, plus my car!). You have no idea how much these student loans have been plaguing me - I would not wish these worries on anyone!

I also finally finished reading book two of The Heroes of Olympus (which was so much better than book one because it had Percy!!!). And yes, I re-read Twilight, and ended up knocking my rating down from five to three stars. This is like my 4th time or so reading the series, and for some reason this time around I just could not get that into it. I think that before when I read it, I was too busy swooning over Edward (like everybody else) to realize how completely devoid of substance their relationship is. "You are my life now" - GAHHH!!! You barely even know her! [Though if I re-read this once more in a few years, and when I'm in a happier mood, maybe I'll love it again...who knows.]
Movies Seen

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was definitely not as good as the 1990's film. I mean, it was okay, but there really wasn't as much plot substance as their was action. I probably wouldn't really care to see this one again. I did, however, enjoy watching The Mist more than I thought I would. This was the first film I saw to kick of R.I.P. X, and I enjoyed the mystery and twists. I also saw Altar for the challenge, which was an "okay" British gothic horror film that didn't really stand out much from the genre.
Songs I Had On Repeat
Recommended Reads
Thoughts On September
This month was insane. I think I'm already looking forward to next year - it couldn't come fast enough, haha! Fall is normally my favorite season, but it's pretty hard to feel like fall when it's hot as hell and sunny outside. Is it just me, or does summer just keep ending later and later each year? Darn global warming! Where's the sweater weather?!

Seriously, though, I've been pretty stressed out this month. I know I should be grateful that I'm making some headway on my student loan debt, but I just discovered that our broker hasn't paid any money towards the bank for the original owners' home loan in over a year! We pay our mortgage every month and never miss a payment, and to find out that our house was heading slowly towards foreclosure is pretty devastating. If it's not one thing, it's another! Now I'm trying to learn all I can about this home buying process, because I've pretty much been in the dark about it (I live with my mom & sister, so this is actually my mom's house I'm talking about). Sometimes, people can really suck!

At any rate, I haven't read much this month, but I did make a lot of progress on The Sixth Extinction, which I'm pretty proud of since it's a rather slow read due to the writing style of the author. I also saw some pretty great television premieres, and am recommending the following shows: Scream Queens, The Muppets, & Grandfathered.

Thank goodness October is upon us - I love the Halloween season! Please let me know of any Halloween reading challenges or blogger events that are out there - I'd like to participate in as many as possible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)