Tuesday, September 01, 2015

{August Wrap-Up}

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 with No comments
Books Read

I'm really on a Percy Jackson kick right now, so I can tell you now that you probably won't see me reading much else until I've finished The Heroes of Olympus series.
Movies Seen
Trainwreck was an okay movie, but I don't think I'd really care to watch it again. I saw this one with my sister. I'm glad to have finally seen Rise of the Guardians, though - I kept seeing fanart all over Tumblr that shipped Elsa (from Frozen) and Jack Frost, so I had to see what all the fuss was about. I loved it!
Songs I Had On Repeat

Vocabulary Learned
Praetor - each of two ancient Roman magistrates ranking below consul
(from The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan)
Recommended Reads
Thoughts On August
Wow, I was on such a long hiatus that I completely forgot how much fun blogging was! I truly do love putting together posts, participating in tags, and coming up with content - I just allowed myself to get too overwhelmed with life and work to really get to enjoy myself anymore. Sadly, this is something that I've been seeing a lot of in the book blogosphere - it seems that almost every couple of weeks I see a new post on my feed in which a blogger either apologies for a hiatus, announces that they're taking a break from their blog, or writes about how they are stopping their blog completely. I really don't want that to be me, so I'm working hard to come up with a turnaround plan, including having an internal debate on whether or not to make the switch to WordPress (though Blogger is working for me well enough right now, so we'll see).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see why I should give up on something that I truly enjoy. This month has been really interesting for me, and I've been able to reduce some stress by finally paying off my car, as well as three of my smaller student loans (I had five total), so I'm hoping that with the extra breathing room, I can allow myself some more enjoyment (money has always been my biggest stressor).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)