Monday, September 15, 2014

R.I.P. IX

Monday, September 15, 2014 with No comments

Guys, it's almost October!!! October is my favorite month of all time, thanks to the fact that not only are there the regular fall favorites (pumpkin spice lattes, fall leaves, cooler weather, etc.), but spooky things to do all month long thanks to Halloween! And yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday - I just love the atmosphere, the costumes, the haunted houses, and the scary movies!

As a kid, I used to start off October by indulging in Goosebumps novels while counting down the days until ABC Family's The 13 Nights of Halloween. Things haven't much changed for me since then, but instead of Goosebumps I now read regular YA & Adult horror/mystery novels, and I also have fun trying to find the latest and greatest scary movies.

It seemed only natural that I participate in a challenge that not only aided my love of reading, but of scary movies & television shows, as well. Thus, R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril IX seemed like the perfect challenge for me. I participated last year, and had some fun, so I knew it was something I'd want to do again. I like the fact that there are different categories for different mediums - it's a great way to keep track of what I read and watch! 

Check out my goals for this challenge below - since I've signed up earlier than I did last year, I plan on going all out and immersing myself in all things that go bump in the night. I've filled in some goals for what I'd like to read & watch, but as always, they aren't set in stone and are subject to change based on my whims, I'll cross things off if I complete them, though. Wish me luck!

"Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be King or Conan Doyle, Penny or Poe, Chandler or Collins, Lovecraft or Leroux…or anyone in between."
Goal: Read At Least 4 Spooky Novels
1) Say Her Name by James Dawson
2) Afraid by Jack Kilborn
3) It by Stephen King
4) Bird Box by Josh Malerman

"This is for those of us that like to watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large. It might be a television show, like Dark Shadows or Midsomer Murders, or your favorite film."
Goal: Watch At Least 5 Scary Movies
2) The Possession (2012)
3) The Purge (2013)
5) Carrie (2013)

And if any of you know if there are any other reading challenges going on this month that are Halloween-related, please let me know so I can check them out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)