Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Top 10 Resolutions For 2014

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 with 7 comments
A Meme By The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is about New Year's resolutions. I had a hard time narrowing this list down, since there are so many things that I'd like to do this year, but it was nice to spend the time reflecting on what it is that I actually want. Here's what I finally decided on adding to this post:



I really want to focus on reading books that are outside of the YA genre this year. I love YA, but since it was my main focus last year, I'd like to try reading some more classics, literary novels, and even some non-fiction. I also want to make sure to read every single day, even if it's just for a few minutes - I just want to make sure that I at least read something, even a short story, since there were a lot of days last year where I chose to watch television instead.

And of course, I would also like to maintain my health, and get in better shape. So far I've managed to exercise every day this year - can you believe that a lot of these health related resolutions were already broken by the 6th for most people? (at least, that's what I heard on the radio....) I will try my best, since I'll be turning 25 this year, which is a milestone birthday (I'll be a quarter of a century), and since I'm pretty much a hermit I'm going to try to go out more on the weekends, even if it's just to the library.

Please feel free to share your goals with me, or link to any posts you've made about them - I would love to check them out and cheer you on!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals, Kimberly! I'm going to try to branch out of my typical genres as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck branching out - every time I've done it I've found some great books!

      Delete
  2. Awesome for visiting the library! We love people coming into the library (we being librarians). And I seriously need to read more of the books I've purchased. I also want to eat healthier. But that is always a goal. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I used to work in a library for three years in college (work-study), but now that I'm back home I've had a harder time making myself go to ours - it probably has to do with the fact that I have to take a bus to get there (I really must save for a car and buy less books!). Thanks for the well-wishes, I wish you luck in your book-buying and eating goals, also!

      Delete
  3. I need to exercise more and eat healthier too. Great goals!
    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the car thing! It can be tough to put aside what we want right now (more books!!!!) for something that we really need (a car). But in the long run, you will be glad you did it. I also have a goal to spend less money on books and read what is already on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - spending less is difficult, but rewarding!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)