Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Meme by The Story Siren &
Stacking The Shelves, A Meme by Tynga's Reviews


Woohoo!!! My first box for Book Riot Quarterly arrived in the mail on Christmas Eve! I know I'm posting this super late, but better late than never, right? I decided to make this post because I know that many of you may be curious as to what goodies the Quarterly Box would contain before actually subscribing, especially since the price is pretty steep ($50 per box - eeek!!)

I myself was curious to see what kind of items it would contain, and was especially excited to see what book would be included. Luckily, it was a book I didn't have, and one that was already on my TBR list after hearing Michael Kindness talk about it on the Books on the Nightstand podcast. The book?


Lexicon by Max Barry
What makes this box special is that the book (a hardcover) includes a handwritten letter from the author, as well as sticky notes from the author hidden throughout the book that portray the thoughts that went through his mind while writing the novel. Sadly, the book itself is not signed, but the letter is. Here are some pics:


Other items that were included in the box were: The Book Lover's 2014 Page-A-Day Calendar, a Make A Point Pencil Set, & an E.E. Cummings Mini Notebook. There was also a promo poster and an book excerpt. Honestly, I'm really glad that Lexicon is something I've really been wanting to read, and the notebook and pencils are useful and cute, but I could really have done without the page-a-day calender. I'm not sure as to whether or not I'll continue this subscription, since the $50 price tag is too steep for me, but it may be worth checking out for those of you who can afford it. The book itself is what makes or breaks the box, and in this instance I was happy with their choice.

What do you think - would this be something you'd be interesting in subscribing to?

If you aren't already aware, Book Riot has a podcast out that features the latest and greatest news in the book world & publishing industry. Check it out - I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. It seems a little steep, but I would think about it. It's always nice to have a surprise.

    The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)