Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Once again, I've decided to join in on Joy's Readers' Workouts link-up. I keep hearing that one of the best ways to ensure that you stick with a weight-loss habit is to talk about it with others, and since this blog and my readers are important to me, I thought that I'd try sharing my progress with all of you.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been going to a gym for fitness boot-camp. So far, this has been the longest that I've ever stuck with a particular workout routine. Here's a look at some of what we did  yesterday:

Lunges, with & without dumbbells
Squats, using a 25lb weight
Flutter Kicks, with dumbbells
Running Laps

I know we did more, but I honestly do not remember the names of most of the exercises we've done. Sorry, but I just suck at that! Anywho, my biggest issue yesterday was just keeping up - I felt so light-headed during the workout, which I know is a direct result of what I ate (or didn't eat yesterday). I haven't had money for grocery shopping lately, so yesterday I had coffee for breakfast, popcorn for a snack, and udon noodles for lunch (the packaged kind - like ramen). Obviously, that's a pretty terrible meal plan for a workout day, but I definitely learned not to do it again! (Darn you, student loans!!!)

Results Thus Far: In addition to dropping a pant-size since I've started working out, I've noticed that my muscles have been toning up a LOT. When I flex my calves, all I feel is hard muscle, which is getting me pretty excited! Sadly, I haven't been seeing the numbers on the scale decrease too much, so these visual results are what have been keeping me going.

My Homework: While I'm glad that I've been sticking with my commitment to attend boot camp classes, I know that I really need to start making exercise a true habit by doing it on my own, as well. My current homework is to incorporate exercise on my "off days." Since I only have boot camp Monday thru Thursday, I'd like to try doing something on Fridays and Saturdays (I haven't yet decided if I want to keep Sundays off for rest, or do something light, like stretching). Maybe I'll just go for a jog in the park on those days. I also would like to browse through Pinterest for a 30-day challenge to complete (but nothing too strenuous, as I don't want to burn myself out or create an injury.)  I'll try putting together a plan, and I'll share what I come up with next week.

If you know of any great 30-day challenges you'd like to recommend, or have ideas for workouts I can do when I'm not at the gym, please let me know in the comments! Any ideas are greatly welcomed :)
Labels:

2 comments:

  1. My gym alternatives are walking, dancing, and yoga / stretching. That last does make for a nice gentle workout on Sunday.

    That's great that your losing inches! That's the visible part of weight loss anyway. It's just a little harder to quantify than the scale.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on losing inches! I know that the scale doesn't show a loss very quickly when you're gaining muscle, but that doesn't mean you're not losing.

    I like walking, stretching and chi-gong/tai-chi. I also do a few cardio dvd's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)