Monday, May 11, 2015


Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
With this post, I am officially signing up for Bout of Books 13! I honestly didn't know this was starting today, but what a great way to come back from a hiatus, lol. Anywho, I've technically already started reading a couple of the books that I've included in my "books to choose from" list, but since I've only read a little bit of them, I added them to the list, since I'm hoping to use this read-a-thon as motivation to finish them, instead of watching Hulu. We shall see!
Finish reading at least 4 books
Participate in at least 3 challenges
Comment on at least 5 blogs per day

  
   
   



Monday
Books Completed So Far: Our December by Diane Adams

Currently Reading: Hunting Season by Nikki Jefford (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #4)


Thoughts: Our December was a really quick read - I honestly didn't notice that it was a novella when I started it, since it's an eBook. I thought I was going to love it, since it had high reviews on Goodreads, but I actually found the writing to be rather sappy and cheesy. I guess I couldn't see how the main characters could "fall in love" so quickly - I didn't believe it. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars, since I was still able to get through it. The premise was a good idea, I just wasn't a fan of the execution.
Tuesday
Currently Reading: Hunting Season by Nikki Jefford (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #4)

Thoughts: Wow, it sure has been a while since I've read the last Aurora Sky book! I started this one off a little lost, but it got so good that I'm back in it, now. I'm so picky with indie novels that I'm glad I found an indie series that I really enjoy so much - the writing is great, and I'm a true fan of the story! I'm already 50% through it. :)
Wednesday
Currently Reading:  Hunting Season by Nikki Jefford (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #4)

Thoughts: As always, I completely enjoyed this latest Aurora Sky novel. I love this series, and I can't wait for book five!
Thursday
Currently Reading: Nothing

Thoughts: Today was a busy day, so I didn't have time to read :/
Friday
Currently Reading: Nothing

Thoughts: Spent time with my momma for her birthday! No reading today.
Saturday
Currently Reading: Falling by Barbara Elsborg

Thoughts: It seems that I made up for not reading on Thursday and Friday by both starting and finishing Falling by Barbara Elsborg today. I thought it was a super cute romance! I then felt in the mood to finally read the first volume of Ms. Marvel, which I also liked.
Sunday
Currently Reading: Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

Thoughts: This book is amazing!!! It starts off like an episode of Supernatural. Plus, look at that cover - it's gorgeous! Haven't finished it yet because I need to sleep and go to work tomorrow, but I got a good head start. :)

   
Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)