Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Waiting On: Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 with 3 comments


Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Expected Publication Date: July 14, 2014 
by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven in this edge-of-your-seat sci-fi adventure about a band of "super" criminals.

When the MK virus swept across the planet, a vaccine was created to stop the epidemic, but it came with some unexpected side effects. A small percentage of the population developed superhero-like powers. Seventeen-year-old Ciere Giba has the handy ability to change her appearance at will. She's what's known as an illusionist...She's also a thief.

After a robbery goes awry, Ciere must team up with a group of fellow super-powered criminals on another job that most would consider too reckless. The formula for the vaccine that gave them their abilities was supposedly destroyed years ago. But what if it wasn't?

The lines between good and bad, us and them, and freedom and entrapment are blurred as Ciere and the rest of her crew become embroiled in a deadly race against he government that could cost them their lives.


Why I Can't Wait To Read This:
I love, love, LOVE superheros!!! I've always enjoyed them in comics, movies, and animated series, but now it seems like they're starting to claim their own niche in the novel world, too. I've only read a few superhero-related novels, but I'm so glad that they're gaining in popularity! When I read the description for this particular story, I was pretty excited (X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven?!). It was an instant add to my TBR list. Plus, look at that awesome cover!

What do you think?

And if you haven't done so already, feel free to join in and link-up your own Waiting on Wednesday post at Breaking The Spine.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this one once or twice before, but you had me at X-Men. ;) Great pick! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard much about this one but sounds interesting. Great pick.
    My WoW

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I also love superheroes (at least the movies about them!). Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)