Sunday, December 01, 2013

A Meme by The Story Siren &
Stacking The Shelves, A Meme by Tynga's Reviews


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I am so glad that I found this version of Pride and Prejudice on Amazon, as it is absolutely beautiful! It's part of Splinter's Classic Lines, and the cover features a watercolor painting by Sara Singh, with a quote on the back taken from Mr. Darcy's proposal to Elizabeth Bennet. Here's a better look at the front and back covers:


Another cool feature is that this book has french flaps, and a "soft-touch" laminate finish on the cover, which really gives the color of the ink a nice contrast. I've been looking for a nice series of classics to purchase, and I think that I really like the line that Splinter has come out with. Here's a closer look at one of the french flaps:


Before I made this purchase I had been scouring the internet for some good pics of a book in the Classic Lines series and was unable to find any. Hopefully these images will help anyone else who is considering purchasing these books.

So far, this is the only classic in this line by Splinter that I've purchased, but I plan to have them all eventually. A few of the other books in the line, all with similar covers, include:

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Emma by Jane Austen
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë



                  


What do you think of Splinter's Classic Line covers?
       

6 comments:

  1. I love those editions! It's almost a shame that I already have some of them with other covers, because I can't justify buying them at the moment :p Jane Eyre is my favorite one! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I didn't own a copy of Pride & Prejudice until now (can you believe it?!) which is why I got it. In fact, the only one of these I actually have a copy of is Jane Eyre, so I'm not in a rush to spend money on another one - but the others have still been added to my Amazon wishlist. One day....

      Delete
  2. OMG Those covers are GORGEOUS!! I just may have to buy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought! And these pics do not do them justice - the P&P cover looks so lovely in person! :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely incredible covers. I had no idea that they were being rebranded. So many publishers are doing it these days, but those are by far the loveliest I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I usually don't like updated covers, but these are nice! Way better than, say, those Twilight-inspired classics covers...

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)