Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top 10 Beach Reads

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 with 3 comments
A Meme By The Broke and the Bookish

It seems that summer is approaching very quickly (June 21st!), which means that it's time to pick out my top ten beach reads! Unfortunately for me, I don't get to go to the beach this summer, but I will still enjoy going outside and reading in the sunshine, which beats reading indoors by a long-shot. All of my selections for this top ten list fit my perfect formula for a summer beach read: they're quick, light reads that have all transported me to the most amazing places, and I feel they are all better enjoyed when read out by the shore (or the lawn!). They are:



The Mediator by Meg Cabot
Secret Society Girl by Diana Peterfreund
Medusa Girls by Tera Lynn Childs



The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella



Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
The Girl Who Would Be King by Kelly Thompson




Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

How fun would it be to read Treasure Island on the beach?! I've only read it from the comfort of my living room couch, but I feel that the sunshine and waves would really help set the mood of the novel - I'll definitely have to try it sometime! This is such an amazing story that I could not help but give it the number one spot on my top ten list.

I wanna know what your favorite beach reads are - please let me know in the comments!


3 comments:

  1. Love your list! Happy reading:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big Meg Cabot fan, but I loved the Mediator series. I can't believe I didn't think of adding Ella Enchanted to my list. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I LOVE anything by Sophie Kinsella! her books are definitely great beach reads!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)