Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Meme by The Story Siren &
Stacking The Shelves, A Meme by Tynga's Reviews

So, it seems that it has finally happened: my beloved Kindle Keyboard has finally moved on to that big library in the sky....I've had it for a while now, and the screen recently decided that it wanted to freeze on the top portion of John Steinbeck's head:

R.I.P Lex
None of the troubleshooting steps worked on it, and I figured that, sadly, maybe it was just too old. It had been with me through a lot, including making it through a fall off of the top bunk bed in my college dorm room my senior year - which scared the hell outta me, by the way, as it was only a few days old. Luckily, it had been one tough lil' bastard.

Since my Kindle Keybord (which I had nicknamed Lex) had gone well past Amazon's warranty date, I figured I'd have to shell out for a new one, but, apparently, it was more outdated than I had thought, as Amazon no longer sold them. Instead, I only saw keyboard-less Kindles.

After endless internal debates, I eventually settled on one: the Kindle Paperwhite. I must say, I am quite happy with the little guy! I've also dubbed him 'Hank' (after Mr. Green, of course). Here's Hank in all his glory:


At first I thought it would be weird having a touchscreen kindle, but I've quickly grown accustomed to it. I also really love that the screen has it's own built-in light for reading in the dark - and it isn't back-lit, the light is actually in front of the text and shines back on it, so it isn't hard on the eyes like an iPad or computer screen would be.

The best feature, however, is the fact that you can choose to browse through your books by their covers rather than in list form, which is pretty friggin' awesome (in my opinion). 

All in all, I'd say that I'm pretty happy with my new Kindle. I just hope that it will last me a good while. *fingers crossed* Now all I need is a case to protect it...



Do you have an eReader? 
If so, what kind?



*~*~*~*~*

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware, but I recently returned to Texas after living in The-Middle-of-Nowhere, Nevada (for 8 months!), so I had a pile of packages waiting for me at home, some of which were books I had received for review or from giveaways. Here's what I got:


Icons by Margaret Stohl
American Dervish by Ayad Akhtar

4 comments:

  1. I have a Kindle Pepaerwhite too!! I got it 3 months ago and I just LOVE it! It's ten times better than my old Kindle 4 (which isn't very old in comparison to your Kindle Keyboard.. lol).
    I really love the light feature. It makes the reading my more comfortable.
    Enjoy your new Kindle!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I just posted a review about my new e-reader :D Your Kindle looks awesome as well! I also like the function where you can scroll through titles. Enjoy your device :D

     Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Kindle Touch which I bought just before the Paperwhite came out. If I would have waited a couple of weeks, I'd have a Paperwhite too. However, I do love my Touch. I am curious about Icons and will be eager to hear what you think about it. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one with the keyboard. I hate that they don't sell the ones with keyboards anymore. I don't know what I'll do when mine goes kaput!

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-18.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)