Monday, February 24, 2014


A Meme By The Broke and the Bookish

Today's Top 10 Tuesday featurette is a rewind, which means that everyone is free to choose any topic they'd like that they may have previously missed. I chose to do an old topic that was originally done on May  22, 2012: my top 10 favorite websites and/or blogs that aren't about books. Personally, I LOVE checking out lists about people's favorite sites, because chances are that I'll find a hidden gem to add to my bookmarks. Here are some of my personal favorites:

This is one of the best sites out there for music discovery - you can find anything from soon-to-be chart-toppers to obscure indie mash-ups. I actually discovered Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood on here long before it ever hit the radio.

Definitely one of the best platforms available for PC Gamers, Steam is actually a relatively new addiction for me. I'm a huge fan of their sales (there are a lot), and I absolutely love earning achievements and collecting badges for the games that I play.



This is one of my favorite language-learning blogs - Khatzumoto always has some great tips for language learners that can be applied to any language you're studying, and any time that I read his articles, I always get pumped up.


I'm not proud to say that I watch a lot of television, but it's true. Most of my TV viewing, however, isn't actually live - I tend to DVR or stream shows so that I can watch them when I actually have the time to do so. This is where trakt comes in. I watch so many shows that I tend to get confused as to where I left off on a series, and tract allows me to mark off episodes as I watch them, that way I always know what episode I'm on. This site is a life saver!



This is one of my favorite sites of all time! I always find out the latest and greatest in science & science-fiction news here, and I can spend hours perusing through their posts.


 
A sister-site to io9, lifehacker is all about making your life easier through the use of their "life hacks." There are so many great ideas here on organization, time-management, etc. that I'm always learning something new.


I am an Asian Drama addict, and this site is usually where I get my fix. Unfortunately, they don't have much of a Japanese Drama selection, but their Korean Drama selection is one of the best I've found! They also have a good number of Chinese & Spanish dramas, and are well-worth the premium fee for commercial-free and in-app viewing.



This is a good site to turn to when you're feeling down - there are a lot of motivational blog posts to be found here, and the site is updated on a regular basis.
I haven't been on this site much lately, but it's still a fave. I always find this to be hit or miss, but many of their articles are pretty entertaining and relate-able,  so I try to check it out every now and then. Plus, one of the founders is Zooey Deschanel!


Kickstarter
I absolutely love Kickstarter! I like the idea that a product can come into existence because of the support from its fans, and I like that many of the project creators offer their backers one-of-a-kind rewards that you can't get anywhere else. It's an amazing platform & a fun site to browse!



If you'd like to check out the original post for this topic, which includes a link-up (so you can check out other book bloggers' favorite websites), you can do so HERE. I myself had a lot of fun perusing the links!

Please feel free to let me know your favorite sites/blogs in the comments below - I would love to check them out!

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of these websites before. I'm about to explore them though! Great list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LifeHacker and Hello Giggles! I used to be very interested in the Japanese language but I got busy I had no time to study it, I might visit All Japanese All the Time if I can find the time :D
    - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's hard to find time to language study....I've been trying out some of the tips on that site with my Mandarin studies, and they've been helpful, but ever since I went from college to full-time work, I've had less and less time :(

      Delete
  3. Great pick. I haven't even heard of half of these but they will be added to my bookmarks straight away!!! Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. Besides being familiar with Steam (which my brothers use), I love DramaFever. The BEST Korean TV show streaming website out there. I've been watching K-dramas for probably 2-3 yrs now, and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I got hooked on them in high school - I don't actually remember my first drama, but I know it was Taiwanese - either Love Contract or It Started With A Kiss....

      Delete
  5. Great list I heard about Steam but haven't tried it out myself yet Visiting it right now. Thanks for the list!
    Here's mine: My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try gaming with Steam, then you should definitely check out Humble Bundle, which offers bundled games for super cheap! You can play them on Steam for as little as $1, but know that anything you pay goes to charity.

      Delete
  6. Ah I love kickstarter! Such a great website!!! Also I love Steam, but I only used it for a little while. Great list hun, I'll have to check out the rest of the websites! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lifehacker! I love it. Also, Professional Heckler (although I guess Filipinos are the only ones who would appreciate the humor since it's a satire of our politics and society), JL8's tumblr site, and PhdComics. :) I love humor! Plus my fave tech websites, yugatech, gsmarena, and techradar. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)