Wednesday, November 20, 2013



by Elizabeth Eulberg
Expected Publication: February 25, 2014 by Point

For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?

From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again — and one kiss away from true love?

Why I Can't Wait To Read This
Doesn't that synopsis remind you of When Harry Met Sally? I absolutely love that movie, and I think that the concept of 'can guys and girls ever really just be friends' is an interesting one. I mean, of course I have male friends, but I don't have any that I'm really close with enough to consider a best friend. It sounds like a sweet story - though a part of me is hoping they do end up staying best friends, without ending up together. YA needs something a little different that way. Too bad that probably won't be the outcome. What do you guys think?

And if you haven't done so already, feel free to join in and link-up your own Waiting on Wednesday post at Breaking The Spine.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cute book! Definitely something I would want to read during the summer :) Awesome choice! Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW
    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an adorable read! While I think guys and girls can be just friends (despite the fact that science suggests otherwise), I'm interested to see where this story goes. I'm with you on the idea that YA needs something different (and just stay friends), since romance the expected outcome, I'm still excited to read the story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macallan is quite the interesting name, and I LOVE Levi! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)