Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top 10 Bookish People I Want To Meet

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 with 13 comments

A Meme By The Broke and the Bookish

1) John Green - I have wanted to meet him forever!!! He's not only one of my favorite authors, but one of my favorite people.

2) Hank Green - So he may not be a book author, but he has written articles for magazines, etc. and has an Eco-awareness blog. Plus, he reads a lot, so he's bookish. John and Hank would be so much fun to hang out with!

3) Neil Gaiman - I really respect him as a writer, and I would love to have a chat with him.

4) Maureen Johnson - Because she is hilarious and awesome, and it would be a blast!

5) & 6) Ann Kingman & Michael Kindness - The hosts of one of my favorite bookish podcasts, Books on the Nightstand. I love listening to them and their recommendations, and would love to talk books with them and swap recs.

7) Louis Sachar - I loved reading this man's books as a kid! In fact, I still do - especially Holes and the Sideways Stories books. He is one of the best children's authors I've ever read from, and the humor in his books is good enough for adults to laugh at as well. I just wanna get inside his mind....

8) J.K. Rowling - Because I have a few Harry Potter-y questions to ask her...

9) Diana Peterfreund - Because she seems like a cool person, and I'm a fan of her books

10) Elizabeth Gilbert - I'd love to talk about her travels, and swap stories from our times in Italy


13 comments:

  1. I think I really need to read a John Green book...

    I really like you list and there's a few that I'd love to meet too - like JKR and Elizabeth Gilbert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have John Green on my list too! Hank would be awesome as well. I love those two! I've attended two Maureen Johnson signing and she is definitely hilarious! I also met Diana Peterfriund a few weeks ago and she was really great! Fabulous list, Kimberly!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to meet Louis Sachar too, I didn't include him on my list but I wish I had! Holes was one of my favourite books when I was younger.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love John Green. He is showing up on many many lists today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eventually I have got to read a John Green book. He really is everywhere. J.K. Rowling made my list, too. Love her and I would love meeting her!

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to meet Neil Gaiman. He's a genius. Diana Peterfreund is such a good writer. I met her briefly and would love to meet her again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I forgot John Green! With you though on Neil Gaiman - that man is amazing!
    Laura @bookswritingtea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neil Gaiman is on my list too :)
    I loved Holes! It'd be so great to meet the author of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neil Gaiman and J.K. Rowling ar on mine, too. Lovely blog, new follower! Here’s my TTT: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/top-ten-tuesday-21/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I listed both John & Hank Green myself. Although I would LOVE to meet them individually, I bet seeing them together would be a blast. They're so funny.

    And, of course, JK Rowling. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Maureen Johnson! Louis Sachar is another good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)