Friday, January 11, 2013

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Friday, January 11, 2013 with No comments



WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

Holy crap, I was not expecting to love this as much as I did. Wow. Ms. Rossi is an amazing story teller - every scene in this book was woven so well that I was completely engulfed in the story. I always rave about how I love it when an author writes from different character perspectives, so when I discovered that this story would be told from both Aria's and Peregrine's perspectives, I was so ecstatic! I immediately found myself loving them both immensely, and I'm sure that I would not have enjoyed reading this as much if only one side of the story were told.

Aria is a really awesome heroine - she has brains, and even though she finds herself in a situation she has never encountered before, she doesn't just go around complaining about everything, she adapts. Peregrine also appears to be so withdrawn from others, but he's really so caring and protective of his friends, and I enjoyed reading about his life in the Tides and his relationship with his nephew, Talon.

What intrigues me most is that they grew up in a world where there are terrible Aether storms, but it's never really explained exactly where the Aether came from or what it really is. I'm sure the author will explain it more in her coming novels, but for now I just like how you're just expected to accept that the Aether is there, and that's that. I like it. And I want more! Definitely getting the second one, ASAP! But I know there's a short story out about Roar & Liv, so I must get to that first...

5/5 Stars

Oh, and in case you were wondering why I chose to use the UK cover over the American one, it's because I feel it gives a better representation of the characters. I was uber-pissed when I saw the cover for the second book, because the dude on the cover is white! Perry is not white! He's supposed to be a dark tan-skinned color, and his hair is supposed to be blond and a bit knappy. He is not supposed to look like he just walked out of Abercrombie & Fitch. GAH! Makes me want to hold off on buying the second book. Maybe I'll just get the kindle version until a version with a better cover is released. Did anyone else get upset when they saw that cover?

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)