Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wow. I never intended to go on such a long hiatus, especially without any notice to y'all, but I have really just been doing my best to keep myself together. I had an unexpected family emergency which suddenly left me caring for my young nieces, and took up all of my free time. I can't go into too many details, out of respect to the people involved, but I do want to apologize for taking so long to at least inform you of my absence. On the plus side, things have finally (maybe) started sorting themselves out in some areas, and I may once again finally have time to continue with this blog.

Between you and me, I normally read about 60 or more books in a year, but so far, this year, I haven't even read one. In fact, I am still at the beginning of a book that I actually started reading at the very end of 2015. Don't get me wrong - All The Light We Cannot See is an incredibly well-written and engrossing story, I've just had too much on my mind to concentrate on it, and too much to deal with to make the time to do so.

On a lighter note, I decided to read something a bit faster paced to see if I can at least get out of this slump, so this week I started reading Rainbow Rowell's Carry On. Also, thanks to a very long and tedious task at work this week that required very minimal brain function, I was able to get back into the Books on the Nightstand podcast, which excited me because it helped to ease me back in the book world, both by catching me up on the latest book-related news and by giving me some awesome new releases to add to my TBR.

Once again, I truly am sorry for leaving you all in the dust, but I've just had way too much on my plate. It is my hope that now that things have started turning themselves around, I might have more time to devote to this blog, and to my favorite pastime, reading.  Once a reader, always a reader...

Be on the lookout for some new content coming soon, as well as a giveaway (once payday arrives) to celebrate reaching 1,000 likes on Facebook! Yay!

Thank you all for sticking with me!
Labels:

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've had a few too many hiatuses (hiati? probably not) over the last few years. It's hard to blog consistently. Almost impossible really, unless it's your full time job.
    I love Books on the Nightstand. I listen to lots of book podcasts. I love all the Book Riot podcasts. I also love the now finished Bookrageous podcast. I just started listening to Drunk Booksellers and I like that too. What others do you listen to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of Drunk Booksellers - I will totally be checking that out! For bookish podcasts, I love: Book Riot, Literary Disco (which has Rider Strong from Boy Meets World, lol!), and Dear Book Nerd. I also love 'Welcome to Night Vale,' but I'm super-behind!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)