Monday, February 09, 2015

2nd Annual Love For Books Read-A-Thon

Monday, February 09, 2015 with 4 comments


So the 2nd annual Love for Books Read-a-thon starts today, and I thought I'd sign up and give it a go. Granted, I've recently started reading Outlander for a challenge I'm a part of (HERE), so my real goal is just to finish it as it's pretty long (but very good!). Still, I'm hoping that reading it for this read-a-thon will help me focus on it more, and get through it with enough time in the month to read some of my library books, before starting on book two, Dragonfly In Amber, in March.



I am reading Outlander on my Kindle, since it was free on Amazon once upon a time. At the start of this challenge, I was already 35% through it. My goal is just to finish the book, as it's pretty long.


I pre-ordered a hardcover edition of The Ruby Circle on Amazon immediately after I finished the series last year. I'd like to finish Outlander before starting this one, but I shall make no promises. Also, I haven't yet decided if I'm going to re-read the series before starting this one, since I read them at the end of last year & might not really need the re-fresher, but I haven't decided. This book is acting as my back-up goal, since I'm not even sure if I'll finish Outlander by the time this event ends. I'm crossing my fingers, though!

2/09 Monday
Currently Reading: Outltander by Diana Gabaldon
Percentage Read: 45% (only 10% progress, as I was 35% through it at the start of the event)
Memorable Scene: Spoiler, highlight to read: When Jamie beat his Claire for disobeying him. This is a great story, but guys, that is NOT okay!!! *End*

2/10 Tuesday
Currently Reading: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Percentage Read: 47%  (too much work today left me with hardly any time to read)
Memorable Scene: Bedbugs!

2/11 Wednesday
Currently Reading: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Percentage Read: 49% (see why I only chose Outlander as my initial goal?! Only 2% today!)
Memorable Scene: The sex, of course. What else?

2/12 Thursday
Currently Reading: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Percentage Read: 49% - No reading today.
Memorable Scene: None - I didn't read today.

2/13 Friday 
Currently Reading: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - I put Outlander on hold, as I really don't want to wait much longer to start reading The Ruby Circle. (This is a re-read.)
Percentage Read: 15% - I was too sleepy!
Memorable Scene: The alchemist meeting at the beginning of the novel is really what stuck with me - they really seem like a cult.

2/14 Saturday
Currently Reading: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Percentage Read: 70%
Memorable Scene: Sydney's developing friendship Adrian. Basically any Sydney/Adrian scene is most memorable for me. I love them all!!!

2/15 Sunday
Currently Reading: The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (This is also a re-read.)
Percentage Read: 65% 
Memorable Scene: Adrian's reaction to Sydney's dress at the Halloween dance.


If any of you are participating, please let me know in the comments so I can cheer you on!

Labels:

4 comments:

  1. I am participating! And wow, what a goal to pick Outlander. I have all of the books and still haven't read them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie beat Claire?! Well, that's a spoiler hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - sorry!!! That was mostly for me, since that is all I could think about after reading that scene...I didn't really think it was much of a spoiler, but I shall hide it with white text that can only be read by highlighting it (until someone reads the comments XP)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for participating, Kimberly! You have a lovely blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)